mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 49 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I can’t speak about Audi, but the Camaro is utter garbage compared to any BMW I’ve ever driven. The M3 is especially impressive- 4 doors, comfortable and a monster on track. I just started breaking in an M3 CS, so not fully vetted (sorry for the pun), but will have it on track in 2 weeks.

2. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    #1202 SAT4RE, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    As a gen 6 Camaro owner and BMW driver, I can, without hesitation, say quite the opposite - or, at least say that the new 2SS/1LE/ZL1 Camaros are remarkable cars for their price point, and very much a competitor to even the most dialed-in BMWs. Furthermore, one of my best friends, who is a recent year's US BMW Spec Car Racing Champion and professional race car driver, shares my opinion.

ForzaV12, nmcclure and k wright like this.
  3. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    And now back to the new Vette.

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    rdefabri and jm2 like this.
  7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    They're just retired....

8. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What a ridiculous statement.

9. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    anunakki likes this.
  10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Dragster likes this.
  11. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    If your going to do it do it right. Buy the way, a P1 is too expensive.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

If you're going to dream, sure, dream. Now back to reality. You are not getting the car in that rendering for 70K, which is why a P1 cost what it cost. Heck a NFGT cost 450K and that rendering looks better.

13. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    Your a 100% right, but it would be nice.

14. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    Good design doesn't have to cost more. It's just steel and fiberglass. The cost to form it one way versus another in negligible.

k wright likes this.
  15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Good design in a mid engined two seater may require the types of compromises Gm wont allow. Or out another way, engineering a car easy to get in and out of, a car with room for golf clubs, a car easy to drive slow in traffic, a car for older less ambulatory clients may well require design compromnises.

k wright and sigar like this.
  16. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    They all compromise-ie, the Lotus with its rough ride, crappy Toyota engine , low quality interior and cramped quarters.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

☺️

18. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    And, let's not forget certain ones compromised so much, they are not even road legal in the US.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    True about lotus in many areas, if were talkign about an elsie or exige build is crappy and the interior is small, but the upside is lotus does not compromise driving dynamics or ability. Had you understood vehicle dynamics you would know one area lotus does not compromise is ride quality, you see a stiff tub and light weight(neither of which are current vette virtues) offers great virtues one of which is you dont need really stiff springs to make a car handle and you get suspension complaince which so many so called fast cars lack. Compliance is an incredible virtue allowing pace on less than perfect roads where others simply bounce about or off, but I digress because we were talking about styling.

Ferrari and lambo emphasize good design, alhough sometimes they get it horribly wrong.
    The question then is how much has chevy compromised and where, are the compromises something that keep it from being a great when we refer to vehicle dynamics or styling. Of course those compromsies may make the chevy very saleale to a wide range of people many of whom otherwise have little clue beyond magazine stats and crapping in their pants when they floor it as to what makes a great sportscar.

Heres hoping that chevy has baked enough goodness into the me platform to cover all the bases, that would be quite an acomplishment.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    of2worlds likes this.
  21. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    That's hot! Can't wait for Daytona 24hr.

22. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Hoping the sharp edges in the front fender and rear 3/4 qtr. panel are to obscure the real lines. Looking at it invisioning a more subtle curve would be nicer IMO. Lastly, I'm not a fan of huge wings on road cars. Fingers still crossed they show us something soon and it looks like a ME Corvette, not a homologation of other designs.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Acura NSX + Camaro = C8 styling.

24. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Its simpler than that. Its generic exotic 2018 with a few pieces of corvette design language tacked on.

25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is pretty attractive but I don't think its correct. A lot depends on those side scoops integrating with the rear panel. If you squint there's a strong Ferrari 360 / 512 boxer influence

I still think that sharp notch in the scoop will look at a many angles. Maybe they wanted something iconic but so is a mole on someone's forehead

Image Unavailable, Please Login