Car has been run over | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Car has been run over

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fiaat, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daver777

daver777 Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    D.R
    omg thats aweful. i dont live far from there, and this confirms i should never leave my car anywhere alone! much damage?

2. ThePrince

ThePrince Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Canada
    Problem is that some parents these days are utterly useless, they never hold their kids accountable for anything. They'll probably blame you for parking your 458 there!

Hope there's no damage.

3. Fiaat

Fiaat Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Left in the hands of the feds lets see what happens I had a 355 keyed in 96 by a 15 year old and he got a tell off

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. PJxxx

PJxxx Karting

Sep 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    PJ Cusano
  5. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    True. Then the H and S boffins would've fined the car owner for having a dangerous vehicle in public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timjen88 and PJxxx like this.
  6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Kid will have karma come around. Probably end up doing drugs by 16 and in jail by 20.

Parents are obvious idiots that don't take control of their kids...like many parents these days.

nmcclure likes this.
  7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    You need to think like they do. Put it on social media and it will only encourage others to do the same.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Horror! I wonder if you look around social media and see if anyone is bragging, that might give you some leads. I hope these kids are brought to justice. Very disrespectful.

9. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    sigh, the things that should be done to him wont happen. I'd just find out who he is then let the games begin.

Napoli likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I have ways to make him pay if you need it

Scum, end him

Gh21631 and Viperjoe like this.
  11. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This sucks, and I hope your car didn't get damaged. However, I think it's something you should chalk up to bad luck and move on..unless you happen to actually know these kids and can deal directly with the parents. But even then you will probably get no satisfaction.

If you post it on social media, a few car guys will cringe, a bunch of people will mock you for having "first world problems", and you risk inspiring other kids doing it to every Ferrari they see, because adolescents generally - A) like to damage things as a form of rebellion, and B) are not very creative and copy everything they see and then show their friends.

On the off chance your car was damaged and you did somehow manage to find the kids who did it via social media, it's likely nothing would happen to them and also likely their parents couldn't afford to even have your car properly detailed, never mind paying for bodywork.

Super lame of them to have done that. Hope your car is ok.

12. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I remember him saying people will spit in the interior of your convertible/targa! I was honestly shocked. Growing up in California there were expensive convertibles and targas all over the place, parked in the open, and nobody messed with them.

shawdut and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. Fiaat

Fiaat Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Thanks for the concern about the car and I think your right about nothing happening to the kid that did this hopefully it will change his outlook and respect other people’s property still waiting for an update from the police . Still love driving this fantastic car .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalcQV, Caeruleus11 and davemqv like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Who do you think taught them?

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Park one in Compton and I bet something happens to it.

Chadly likes this.
  16. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ha, well maybe. I don't think it's about political ideology run amok. I'd say it's more fundamentally about jealousy and I find that to be a universal affliction. I'm a "lib" and I have a massive amount of respect for other people's property...I'd say more than I do for my own. And speaking for myself, I don't think I "teach hate" to anyone, nor do I think of myself as a "mega-hater"! Lol.

But I agree with you that this is a learned behaviour, or rather a learned apathy/disregard for other people (and by extension their things) that you see in these pics.

MalcQV, halr75, rssf and 1 other person like this.
  17. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In the old days in South LA they'd "f" you up but respect the car!

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You must be a more moderate and tolerant lib. :)

davemqv likes this.
  19. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Lol :)

20. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    should bust his legs for that stupid move

21. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Loss of dignity to the car and owner-r you an owner

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I bet some of these people saying to lynch him or physically do something to him don't even own a Ferrari haha At the end of the day it is just a car. I have heavy equipment that is worth much more than my Ferrari that has had idiots leaving the stupid Soccer games do much worse. I think half of the people that responded to this thread sound like idiots and would just encourage kids to do more stuff like this if they read your irrational responses. If some kid did that to my 458 I would much rather have a real 1 on 1 talk with him than forcing his parents into bankruptcy or breaking his legs. Neither of these would accomplish anything. Even the uppity upps on Ferrari Forums are decaying just as bad as the general society :confused:

Phil~, iloveferrari, Jaguar36 and 2 others like this.
  23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    That sucks man, stupid parents but he is "just" a kid, although he's acting stupid. If they catch him, why don't you just have a one on one talk with him like Chad said above? Tell him if he wants he can spend a day with you working so he can see how hard you work and tell him how much effort and time it's taken you to be able to afford such a car.

Chadly likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #49 Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Lucky it wasn't some little xxxx on a mountain bike.

The chav with glasses looks just about old enuf to be his Mum,on benefits no doubt!

Royal Leamington Spa? Imagine what could happen if you parked it in one of the much worse areas of the inner cities.

25. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I’m sorry that this happened. I agree with the above comment. I would also take the photos to the local schools see if I need administrators recognize the students. Or if they would allow you to post photos with reward. If it’s a small reward somebody will turn him in. I would then go after the parents. This is absolutely lack of respect. Very bad parenting.