Mondial Metric wheel options | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mondial Metric wheel options

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by kiwiboy, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Instead of resurrecting a 12 year old thread you may be better served by messaging Robert (Satdiver) directly. But good luck with that, since he last visited FerrariChat 4 years ago.

2. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    I recently bought a set of non metric 16" wheels from Superformance: http://www.superformance.co.uk/mondial/wheels.html

They aren't OEM but they look great.

I previously had a set of 17" 348 wheels fitted but I'm importing my UK car into Italy and here you can only fit the original size wheels and tyres which fortunately includes the 16" as well as the metric.

I still have the 348 wheels if you are interested in them.

3. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i have a matched set of stock 16" (speedlines?) mondial/328 wheels in storage. let me know if you are interested.

4. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    I did almost the same thing, I went with the following:
    17"x7.5" Rims, 4.25" Bolt Circle, 40mm offset
    17" 245/45 Rear
    17" 215/50 Front (dramatically increased the turn stability) This matches the 360 Modena tire specifications.

5. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Hi Mauro
    Are they a direct swap?
    Are they still in the UK?
    Thanks
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. MauroV

MauroV Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Mauro
    Hi Nathan

The wheels are a direct fit and come with good tyres on the front, not so good on the back. But you could use them straight-away. You could also have the associated wheel bolts which are a different length to the standard ones.

Sadly the wheels are in Italy but I would be happy to sell them cheap if you paid the shipping. I can send photos if you like. Send me a PM. I'm not sure how the PM thing works. :)

Mauro

7. tradervice

tradervice Rookie

May 26, 2014
    Go to Coker Tires and stop trying to figure it out! You can get a $70 debit reward from Michelin if you buy 4 tires. Expensive buy necessary.

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Link, or it isn't true.

9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Congrats with your Mondial Kiwiboy (Frank) :cool: they are really nice rides especially on trips. Have safe miles with it!

John small addition if I may:

220 = front
    240 = rear

but if your rear rims have the same size as the fronts than John is right you can take 220.

They do drive nice I need to say! Sound, feeling are different then the regulars.

Someone correct me if I am wrongly informed, but Coker or its supplier bought the tire molds of Michelin. Thus it makes it a real Michelin tire, but with today's compound.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

It's (a lot of) money, but you will use them for at least 5 to 6 yrs, maybe 8 depending on your driving style
    That is $240 a year when you drive 6yrs.

Ps. and don't get me wrong.. keep in mind that a lot of parts on your ride will cost you more then you want.

IMHO metrics also look better on Mondials with flared fenders, but that is really personal if you want your ride to look 80ties or more modern.

10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    When I was looking for metrics I called them and I indeed could get discount, but it was more free of charge on shipping when I would order 4 tires. I am literally a tire throw away from the UK so I do not know it only applied to Europe or my distance. That was 7 years ago btw.

Anyway they cost more then radial :)

11. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    I just received 2X 2 (220/55VR390 and 240/55VR390) from Longstone Uk and delivery free to Paris ! Whas total of 1510 £ or about 1650 euro for the 4 including shipping.
    Production date 220 is 3418 (34e week of 2018) and 240 is 3717 (37e week of 2017)....and they are MICHELIN !!