In the Market for a FF | FerrariChat

In the Market for a FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Carfella, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carfella

Carfella Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 16, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am in the Market for a Ferrari FF, just curious , because of my budget we I am looking at a 2012 or 2013 , they seem like a great buy right now , My real question is about maintenance and reliability , any info would be helpful ,
    Thanks

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    The good thing about 2012 and newer is that they come with 7 years ( unlimited mileage ) FREE maintenance , so when checking out your options, you should be able to get service history for each year!

Tires, that's on you , I cannot say that I have ever seen brakes being replaced on an FF yet, though the highest mileage I have personally seen was in the 40k range.

As I always suggest, get at least a year of New Power Warranty for piece of mind for your first year, then go from there.

Only other point, is make sure you personally inspect the leather dash, side panels, and rear hatch panels... if they have not been kept conditioned they will shrink up and cost a bunch of $$$ to recover ( Condition is not the same as putting silicone based shiny products on it to look pretty LOL )

Good luck with your search!

S

Jchris, otakki and daytona355 like this.
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Why can't they be?

5. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Agreed. Mine is - no problems or concerns. My independent has the same tools and software as the dealers and has services even my local dealer doesn't provide.

Erik

6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Some service some independents. How does one service the PTU without access to the Service bulletins etc. Fluids and other stuff yes. Assuming they have the Ferrari diagnostics
    Etc.

My FF f1 had an error which necessitated transmission out and then a leak with a bench test. Not sure that would have played out the same way with the diagnostics. In the scenario without the diagnostics, transmission goes in and comes out to redo and replace. And the extended warranty covered it. Without the benefit of the database and algorithms you’re buying a new transmission.

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk