The Purosangue Thread | Page 19 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    maybe scuderia/specaiale version of Lusso? remember, there will be 15 new cars in next 3 years, Lusso GTO/Tdf can be one of them

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    big question to me is whether it has 2 or 4 doors? what do you all think?

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    All of the sources point to four doors, but with the rear doors "hidden" in a suicide door arrangement, so they can only be opened when the front doors are open.

MDEL likes this.
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this door system make car look more dynamic but also it will make car less practical as daily car, I think phantom door system would be better ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Makuono, uhn2000, CETH and 1 other person like this.
  6. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The idea is to make it look like a two-door car. Practical and Ferrari don't really belong in the same sentence... unless you're pointing that out. :)

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    nice one but regular 4 door suv body is a no go imo

crinoid likes this.
  12. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    bugatti considering build hybrid suv

13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    It's easier to digest a Bugatti branded SUV because Bugatti has been away from the racing scene for so long. Most of Bugatti's racing successes were in the very early GP motor racing for just a decade near a century ago. On the other hand, road racing and Ferrari have been heavily intertwined for way more 3/4 of a century. It's probably for the same reason that Bugatti was never included in the trio of LaF, 918, and P1, aka "Holy Trinity."

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Give me a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trakhawk any day of the week over this crap.

15. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We just picked up a Range Rover HSE Autobiography and its just spectacular lush luxury smooth operator. White on red, love it! Anyhow it got us discussing whether we would swap it for a Ferrari SUV. With the kind of wear and tear these SUV's take not to mention the kids all over them (my son already scratched the black piano piece on the door) I would be torn to use it as the daily kid transporter. I think an SUV is a great idea but I am not sure I would have one as the primary family car. It might be the additional stable vehicle like the Lusso that is flexible enough to take the kids (friends) out when needed but not the pure DD that an SUV would need to be for us. Lamborghini downtown sold all of their 60 allocations for the year but you talk to the Bentley folks they are now struggling to move their SUVs after a good start. The Range Rover (fully loaded) was $160kCAD and our Lusso was $435k all before taxes, I can't see the Ferrari SUV being that much cheaper then a Lusso. Question is would I let my 6.5yr and 4yr drive around everyday in a $400k car that not only will they destroy, my wife will mash here and there. I might consider changing the Lusso for it but not definitely not my wife's Range.

ttforcefed likes this.
  16. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Highly doubt the SUV will be $300-400K. Most likely it will be mid 200s like the Urus.

I personally don't see the need for exotic SUVs. Even the best SUV is a ****ty sports car. I'd much rather have a giant, comfy luxury barge with all the amenities that can get beat up and put the dogs in and haul stuff in. Land Rover fits the bill, as do many other of the latest and greatest from the likes of Audi and Mercedes. These will also be cheaper to upgrade and stay modern as the technology improves.

uhn2000 likes this.
  17. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Heard the SUV is delayed another few years.

18. sidewalk

sidewalk Rookie

Oct 6, 2018
    Ontario/New York
    Full Name:
    SM
    Totally with you on this one. We have 5 kids and our Escalade ESV (P) is working overtime to keep up as a family mover. OK so F-SUV is not for us but I know what 5 and 15 year olds do to the rear seats/area.

uhn2000 likes this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  21. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Priced reasonably, I'd buy that.

That said, my SUVs need to be "sUv's" as it spends ranch time, oilfield time, towing time, gets washed infrequently, hit by rogue doors and shopping carts in the grocery store lot, etc..

I think it will be good for the brand, if nothing else, a great revenue stream to fund development of their sports cars.

Makuono likes this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Really? I heard its being released next year, guess you never know what to believe.

23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Mr. Louis C. Camilleri, The CEO of Ferrari stated during their capital market days that we will see the SUV towards the end of their plan. At the time I made a mental note that should mean around 2022. Does that mean we see the show car in 22 or production car? I don't know. I think fastest is we see the show car sometime in 21 and the production in 22. I'm glad they are taking the time to get this right.

deltona, MDEL, uhn2000 and 1 other person like this.
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario