Removing Injector Lines from Injectors | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Removing Injector Lines from Injectors

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Gialllo uno, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Oh looks like they're adjustable after all. They're built solid.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

2. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well..................do what Vincenzo would do.....and did say!!!!!!!, not as Marco wanted to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally found, I guess a set of tips that either worked better ......................or Marco just got lucky. I got the rest 9-12 injectors and inserts out without removing anything else. I did take the black shelf off behind the engine cover as it gave me more room for the 12th cylinder. All insert / sleeves came right out with a few tugs. I did have quite a bit of penetrating fluids sitting in there. I do think the last NAPA Knockre Loose seemed to be pretty good stuff. The 12th injector was the most corroded I guess because it is probably most exposed to water etc. I am now moving on.......a bit more educated, to 1-6. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!!!!

3. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    These Lang CirClip tool looks just llike the one I bought from Napa.

4. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looks exactly like the one I bought from NAPA.

5. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Loool well then the pliers I bought before those would have made you insane! Those were absolute crap.

6. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Who says I'm not insane!!!!!! "Shamile" would have had at least 10 different........................girls in the write up and been alot more de"Tailed" in his description. My only issue with Shamile....................is that pounding Dance Club Bass!!!!!!!!!!!! I am more a Classic Hard Rock guy, Nugent, Aerosmith, Scorpions, Krokus and a home town Favorite......"The Kix" and on a more eclectic side......"Crack the Sky"

7. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Put all the new injectors in the sleeves / inserts and put them all back in. The circlips were not as much of an issue this time. All back in and did use some vasoline on the seals and also in the manifold a bit to ease installation. Just waiting on the new gaskets for the one lower intake that I took off. Really feel pretty good about it now and can't wait to get it buttoned up so I can see the difference in running the car. We'll see. Thanks Vincenzo and the rest for all the help. It does look like I will have a perfectly good set of 12 inserts / sleeves should someone need them or need a few. Let me know if you need them or need few. Thanks Marco

8. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    All back together.....fire extinguisher at the ready.................not that I doubted myself....................Cranked for a bit longer and then started ran a bit rough at first for a few seconds then smoothed it self out. I need to take it out tomorrow......weather permitting and see how it runs on the road. It was definetly an adventure, but it was also an opportunioty to clean up the manifolds and plenums a bit and the valley between banks and replace some of the hoses. Lots of anti seeze on everything and anything!!!! The next guy who does it hopefully will have an easier time removing items. Thanks for all the help Marco

9. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Do your new/ unused injector bushings have an internal groove at their bottom for a small O-ring?

The superceded version that Ricambe sells do not have a slot at the bottom for that second O-ring.

The OEM version bushing has 3 O-Rings
    1) around the top of the injector
    2) at the bottom of the injector which fits in the bushings internal slot.
    3) around the top, outside of edge of the bushing

If you have the 3-ring version, hang on to them!

10. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well now maybe I should have looked closer. Definetly the Top outer groove and the bottom internal groove were there. I believe that all the grooves were there. As far as the 3rd groove is concerned, are you referring to the groove at the top of the sleeve, the internal groove at the bottom of the top portion of the sleeve that the large o-ring that fits around the top portion of the injector would sit in or basically bottom out against the sleeve. The large O-Ring on the injector then slides into the sleeve and basically bottoms out? I will look at them and compare. Thanks for thre heads up. Marco

11. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Will post a picture, but it looks like when I bought them 2 years ago, as I knew I would be doing the injectors, they were on Ebay from a firm (Gentry Lane) in Canada, but were bought from Ricambi and were in an original packageing etc. It looks like to me that they all have the 3 grooves, as I used all the originals except one which te injetor was giving me a fit coming out and so I used one new one and then later got the injector out......with some gental persuasion. Thanks Vincenzo for ther heads up. Stupid Marco did not check the Cold Injectors when I tore everything apart. If they are leaking or not working correctly can they be cleaned possibly? Thanks Marco

12. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Took car out for a test drive and it seemed to run much smoother and just overall ran better and less rich exhaust smell. However, I wasnt thinking when I had it all apart and replaced a section of the vacuum hose coming off the drivers side rear manifold............and it is for the power brake booster..................and the line was I assume collaspsing, as i did not really have power brakes!!!! It was a short drive obviously and will put back on the old braided line looking hose. Are replacements available thru Ricambi or other suitable non collapsing hose? I looked at the diagrams on Ricambi's site and thought I might have found the hose in ther following diagram. Hard to tell. It seems like it is approximately 5/8 in diameter but will measure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Marco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey All- Bumping this thread...

Do we have the part numbers for all three of the o-rings around the injectors and bushings?

1) large o-ring for the injector itself (seems to be easy to find)
    2) o-ring that sits on the external groove of the bushing
    3) o-ring that sits in the internal groove of the bushing

Will be doing this service next weekend and look forward to any help. Thanks!

14. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
  15. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Can’t help with those details - sorry.

But, if you want to buy specific sizes and materials, you’ll likely need to go to a supplier like Marco Rubber and buy per their minimums. That will cost you more $ and time than just buying from Ricambe. If you want to go that route, just buy one set from Ricambe and then measure them up.

Yes... Ricambe has a huge markup on these O-Rings - but for guys that don’t do this every day, paying their markup is still the way to go for a small handfull of these oddball o-rings. Of course.... that’s just an opinion - ymmv.

16. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I hear ya, but $4/o-ring isnt reasonable to buy 12 by any standard. O-rings come in standard sizes, typically described by a single number. A pack of any size o-ring from mcmaster car (100x) rarely costs more than $10 with their high markup vs a distributor.

For the sake of myself and the group I’ll definitely buy some from Ricambi and cross them, its not worth spending over $100 for 36x o-rings.

17. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Just take out one injector, measure the old o rings and source them from a generic supplier. Why isn't that an option?

turbo-joe likes this.
  18. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My assumption is the old ones will be so hardened and flattened that it wont be effective for the measurements

19. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you only have to meassure the inside or outside diameter and count a little, then you know what you need
    have nothing just now here, but all ferrari with a K or KE jetronic have the same O-rings
    when you buy new ones you may use viton material ( here in europe we say viton, don´t know how it is in the US :( )

xplodee and rpissm like this.
  20. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #71 vincenzo, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    xplodee -
    you make good sense.
    if you go the extra trouble, I’d love to take advantage of your efforts next time!
    Cheers,
    Vincenzo
    these guys are great - good selection and great info:

Attached Files: