612 front parking sensors | FerrariChat

612 front parking sensors

Discussion in '612/599' started by TrojanFan, Sep 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1 TrojanFan, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Anyone know if front parking sensors can easily be added to an '06? Is the wiring there?

While doing my timing belts i noticed a large capped off plug in the front end at the back of the bumper that presently goes to nothing.

Its a long nosed car that i just scraped on a wheel stop. Front sensors would be helpful.

My other option would be a front camera mounted in the grill but i have to see if my system will allow a front camera in addition to the rear one.

2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Peter, I support that. I have an 07 and the rear sensors are nice but the long nose is where I get in trouble. Would love to know the answer.

Ron

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have the front sensors on my 2008, and I can tell you they do not help for those concrete wheel barriers. The bottom of the sensors are 15" above the ground. They must have a narrow beam as they will only sound when an object is at least at that level.

However, if you were able to install them yourself, they could possibly be mounted lower in the grille.

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I will echo Paul’s experience relative to the low wheel stops. That said I still appreciate the front sensors for higher obstacles & are worth it for those situations. IMO

RonH likes this.
  5. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Maybe the camera in the front is the better way to go. I was more wondering where the sensors plug to in the front. Mine is an '06 but had some unused plug in the front right behind the grill. Were front sensors even an option in '06?

6. r0sco

r0sco Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2011
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Ross
    My 06 has front sensors.

7. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I had my front bumper removed to add air horns and tried to add front parking sensors as well. We were hoping a wiring harness connection would be there. Front sensors also require a different front grill, which can get pricey depending on the grill you have.

We could not fine anywhere to make wiring connection; so for me, the front parking sensor idea was abandoned.

I'm hoping one of you will have some useful info on this endeavor...