Buying my first Ferrari...458 Spider | FerrariChat

Buying my first Ferrari...458 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by John Salvador, Oct 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Looking to buy my first Ferrari, and of course am a bit apprehensive. I wanted to get some opinions from the forum regarding pricing. If all things are the same (similar options and miles), how much more is a 2015 model year worth compared to a 2012, 2013 and 2014. The 2015s I’m looking at are around $230k. Also, is it possible to retrofit the front end lifter to a car that does not have one?

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ferrari of Denver has a silver 458 Spider for $224,xxx with 3,600 miles.

I don’t believe you can retrofit the lift...and if you could the cost would proably be outrageous anyway. I would not trust a retrofitted lift anyway. Reports of malfunctions of factory installed lifts can be found in this forum.

I don’t need a lift on my 458 spider. The clearance is 5.5” at least. May be 6”. I would guess finding a spider with a lift could be difficult.

My must have list of options:
    Rear camera with front and rear parking sensors.
    LED steering wheel.

Good luck.

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Ferrari of Denver shows a white 458 spider in Philly for $239,900. It has a lift.

4. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    At my dealer, FOA in Georgia, a guy with a Tailor Made Speciale "forgot" the lift. He retrofitted it will all factory parts. I think he was in it for around 25K!!
    Net, for money you can do anything. Phil Not Hill is completely correct- you have to have an unusual parking lot or driveway to make it mandatory.
    Having said that, I HAVE a bad driveway and no lift. My spider was lowered by the dealer only using the factory adjustment. For a just over $1000 I had Kevlar skid plates installed. Net, you can protect the car without the lift if you are worried about scraping.
    Best

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

To each their own. For me, the front end lifter is an absolute must.

Gullwing likes this.
  6. Mojosan

Mojosan Formula 3

Jan 31, 2008
    NJ
    Was close to a must have for me but the right 458s came along without it and it’s never once been an issue in 18 mos of ownership.