1991 Acura NSX | FerrariChat

1991 Acura NSX

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by wheelman76, Aug 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    #1 wheelman76, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Car Information
    Year:
    Type:
    NSX coupe
    Transmission:
    5-Speed
    Exterior color:
    Red
    Interior color:
    Ivory
    Odometer:
    92xxx mile
    VIN:
    JH4NA1152MT003018
    Price:
    46000 Or best resonable offer

Car History
    Title History:
    Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
    Accidents:
    No
    Owners:

Seller Information
    Dealer:
    No
    Please PM to discuss

Maintenance Information
    Car is up to date with anything called for in terms of maintenance.

Over the last few years it's had the following.
    Winter 2016-2017 - rebuilt Climate board (during my ownership the speaker amps have been rebuilt as well)
    Fall of 2016 ABS Modulator was disassembled and rebuilt with the kit available on Prime by my local acura dealer (brakes bled as well)
    Summer of 2015 - Dropped the engine and had the timing belt and water pump done along with all rubber hoses, and all fluids as well (tranny, brake, coolant of course).
    Summer of 2014 (I believe) I did brake rotors and pads myself
    Each fall I would do an oil change and detail prior to putting the car in storage for the winter.
    AC has been converted to 134 back in later 2000's
    New rear tires mounted and ready to swap with other rims on the car.
    Any records done during my ownership are available along with the previous owner who dates back to late 90's if I recall right.

Details
    I've owned this car for around 14 years now and it's been my baby. Other cars have come and gone during that time while this one has stayed. But I think it's time for this one to move on. Here's the details that I can recall to the best of my knowledge.

Car was in snap ring range when I purchased it and at the time of purchase John Vasos at Brookfield Acura had told me the case was changed from inspections they did. A year later the snap ring went and John warranty repaired the car for me at no cost. Documents are included with that in my service receipts. Never had issues since that time. At that time of the rebuild I took the liberty to install the NSX-R Ring and pinion since John had already installed short gears for the previous owner.

Other mods are the following:
    Comptech Exhaust - OEM exhaust comes with
    Headers - OEM manifolds come with
    Koni adjustable shocks on eibach springs - OEM springs and shocks included that came off around 20k miles
    Intake scoop that's in the rear fender
    Wing west front lip
    3 complete sets of SSR Integral Rims - some could use a repaint, and one each of a front and rear rim need a bend taken out. This is why I bought as many sets as I could find - b/c the rims are no longer made I wanted to have back ups as I love the look of them on the car.
    Top was painted red by the previous owner when he installed tle lip. Work was top notch and I loved the look and never wanted to change it back.

Interior has been kept stock.

If I had to point out areas I would personally address if I were to keep the car I would replace the seat skins and repaint the front bumper and lip as they've acquired some nice patina over the years.

I have a set of ivory mats that will come with along with the Zanardi mats that I've had in the car since purchase.

I have other misc items that will be included with the car as well (air filters, oil filters, oil, other odds and ends).

PM my your email if you would like more photos.

Car has averaged 1500-2000 per year the last 6-7 years.

I'll add I am on the fence with really going forward with selling this car. I honestly thought I would have this until I retired...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Miha likes this.
  2. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
  3. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    Gorgeous car! These cars look 15+ years newer than they actually are. Especially with those wheels and the painted top! GLWS!

4. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    This will likely be the next car I buy when I upgrade from my S2000. Currently, I don't have space for two cars though, so I'm going to pass. Looks awesome though! GLWS

5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I may have missed this detail within the description, but was the water pump and timing belt done? What mileage? Very clean looking NSX, some interior pictures would be helpful in fully showing this example. Good luck with the sale.

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Those are the best looking wheels I've ever seen, bar none, on an NSX. :D

7. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest

I'll get some interior shots this evening. Timing belt and water pump was done two summers ago along with all rubber hoses. Valves were adjusted then too I believe. Miles are between 92-93k currently. I still drive it to Walmart and church, but that's about it.

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  9. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I miss mine. Good luck with the sale. I had mine for 9 years and sold in 2015.

10. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    So it's been a year and I've not really put alot of effort into moving the car. It's only listed here and on prime. Just put new rear tires on it, otherwise it really doesn't need a thing. I did lower the price over on prime to $45k while still including a pickup truck's beds worth of extras (rims, take off parts, odds and ends). If things pick up in my job or I get my 360 paid off quicker than I'm pacing at now the car will just stay with me for many more years. I've always looked for cars that people don't want to sell b/c you know they're most likely well taken care of, this is one of those cars.

11. jr308

jr308 Rookie

Sep 27, 2018
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    John Rigley
    Is your nsx still available?

12. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Sold this week actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Timeless cars NSX’s

Ive had 3 over thw years and not tired of them still.