Non-metric wheels for 512BBis | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Non-metric wheels for 512BBis

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by speer, Mar 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i personally feel the tires need to fill the wheel wells a bit more than what I have seen posted thus far. any pictures of 275 /40 on the rear?

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day dwhite,

Why don't you pm "boxerman", as he has been proponent of new rubber on the Boxer and I believe he runs his boxer with larger rims and modern tires.

Cheers,

Sam

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Here is a car with 245/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear tires are BF Goodrich G force sport Comp2. I drove it, it drives great.

I just ordered continental extremecontact sports. 245/45/17 fronts, 255/45/17 rears. Hope to have them on this weekend.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Last question. Anyone been playing with tire pressures and what are you running. The TRXs had high pressure in rear. I'll probably start at 32 F 33 R.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

4rextc likes this.
  6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    What is the reason for covering the license plate number? I see it all the time, just curious.

7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Location of the car if you can get access to DMV information.

8. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Wow, those look great! I was thinking to go this way, but decided to go with replacement TRX instead.

4rextc likes this.
  9. speer

speer Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    phoenix, az
    Full Name:
    jim speer
    This is a repetition of an earlier post. If someone needs a set of original TRXs for show purposes, I have four of them that look virtually new but are old enough that I do not want to drive on them. If anyone is serious enough in them for non-driving purposes to pay $200 plus the cost of shipping, please PM me. The $200 will go to either the Animal Welfare League or the Humane Society here in Phoenix. Thank you.

10. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    I've got the Group 4 wheels on my BBi. The P Zero's I have are the same diameter as the Michelin's, but due to their lower profile they look like they don't fill the wheel well as much as the factory Michelin's. An optical illusion I guess.
    Also keep in mind the BB's looked like they were 4WD from the factory and the only way to fix that look is to lower the car.
    And then, be faced with all the problems of a lowered car!

11. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Same here. Paranoid I guess. It would not occur to me that anyone is going to come across country to take that particular car. Plenty local, lol