Window washer service | FerrariChat

Window washer service

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mark C Harvey, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Any advice on servicing window washer nozzles?

The washer pump is working, and activation results in small water discharge from the base of the nozzles, so I suspect blockage. I got as far as partly removing the black plastic piece that runs across the base of the windshield and holds the nozzles, but didn’t want to force the nozzles out of the plastic piece for cleaning. Do the nozzles pop out? Screw out?

I only lifted the up one side of the plastic piece because on the windscreen side it is retained snugly under a thin metal/aluminium collar. I was a bit concerned about not being able to cleanly re-seat the plastic piece during reassembly.

2. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Just to close off this thread. I pulled off the plastic trim pieces today and blew out the nozzles from underneath using an airbed pump. I also cleaned the nozzles using a pin. The trim went back on easily and the washers work fine now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

gsfent and Jeka like this.
  3. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    I need to do the same thing... After removing the screws, were there any tricks to pulling up the trim? What about that metal collar you mentioned?

Thanks!

4. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    After removing screws I gently tugged the plastic out from under the thin metal collar, starting from the outsides and working towards the centre. Just go slowly, wiggling as you go.

I would recommend a can of air duster ($6 from Home Depot) to blow out the nozzles from both sides. Also, use a long needle to poke around inside the nozzles.

Reassembly is very easy - the plastic trim goes back under the collar and aligns with the screw holes no problem.