If you were here 10 years ago, say hi! | FerrariChat

If you were here 10 years ago, say hi!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by buzzm2005, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Hello gang. I lost track of many of you after ROE stopped. Had my annual Father's Day present to myself (an early morning drive) and thought about some of the runs from the past.
    Still have the Boxer. She runs very well.
    Still have the Mondial. Someone backed into her in the garage :( but she is being fixed and 15 years of road indignities being removed. Including respray of the window and windshield trim. The paint was coming off and I'm not too proud to say that touch-ups with a Sharpie were no longer working out.

sjmst and mrp_e like this.
  2. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    Hey Buzz!! Good to hear from you! Long time since we met at the Scarsdale Concours. Sold the 348 and now drive a Maserati GT. Needed a 4 seater.

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Hey from Jersey . 10th year here , 9 as owner

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hi ..also from Jersey ..

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

5. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah, the old days (pre / during / post "EC") are long gone! Sort of wonder how all those different characters are doing. This section of the forum used to have a ton of drama back then, for better or for worse.

sjmst likes this.
  6. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Today is exactly 9 years since I became a member.
    Have no idea who any of you are :confused:

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Was it you that uttered the famous quote

"lol fwerf"

Still cracks me up!

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

sjmst likes this.
  8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Do you still have your FerrariChat NY Tri-State Polo shirt? I have mine, and even better, it still fits. :D

DM

sjmst likes this.
  9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I think I have a hat from Sam's first ROE. I also survived a couple of the children's diabetes rallies out to Sagaponack where the cops closed Ocean Parkway and I was passed doing 130+ like I was standing still. But that was back in the early/mid 2000s. Still have some of the swag, the shirts are a bit tight.

sjmst and tuttebenne like this.
  10. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    Wow, just looked and been on here 13 years - still have the Mondial 3.2 but don't get out to as many event or shows as I used to.

11. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Wow. I'm closing in on 15 years!

Matt

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I designed that hat. Have one here somewhere, along with a couple more.

D

sjmst and wax like this.
  13. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Were you on any the runs with the Dino or 360? Never had the pleasure of meeting you. We will have to meet in Fl at an earlybird. :)

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nope.

I did the Jersey FCA annual meet a couple times, but did not make the runs out east.

can meet anytime half way in Sebring!!

D

15. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Hey Buzz and Dave, are you guys coming up to the Scarsdale Concours this Sunday?

16. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Sure, do you play golf met a buddy at a course near there or just do the track, I know they do a bunch od track days.

[Quote = rpm217]"Hey Buzz and Dave, are you guys coming up to the Scarsdale Concours this Sunday?"

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Gave it up. Have a shoulder that's pretty much swiss cheese, held together with staples and bailing wire.

Don't have a decent track car right now, but as soon as my next door neighbor gets the turbo strapped back on his miata, I could bring that up and thrash it around. Have to get my helmet out of storage. :D

D

18. Little Joe

Little Joe Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Mahwah, NJ
    Full Name:
    Joe S.
    Haha, they're all doing quite well. In touch with some more than others. Time flies.

19. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Unbelieveable to me, but I've been on here >15 years! Bought my first Ferrari 6 years later. I remember some of the characters and meet up from those earlier days- and dreaming of finally getting an F-car.

I don't post as frequently or even get to as many C&C meets due to being busy...heck don't even drive the car as much, but definitiely do still drive it when I can and when I do- it is still is the perfect Rx to clear my head! 8,500 rpm, flat crank, metal gated shifter and top down still does the trick for me

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I joined over 14 years ago and have been an owner for 7 years closing on 8 in 3 more months. I can't wait to hopefully own more than one though my hopes have taken a serious hit this year. :(

21. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Buzz! My man, I still have yet to see anywhere a full complete Boxer series review like we pulled off for Forza. Sold our 365BB for a Maranello, Diablo and most recently the Miles Davis “60 minutes” Testarossa. We needed a flat 12 in our life again. This Spring we gotta rendezvous.

22. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I've been here since about 2004. I remember reading the drama in this forum back then, but never really posted much, I don't have time for that.

I did meet a bunch of you in 2005 (thread link below). I recall the guy in the green 355 showing me his car that morning, he had just come from a club he was at the night before. I don't remember his name but that was the 1st time I was up close to a 355 and knew then it was just a matter of time. I think he had a green TR also on the West coast, he was a real cool fella. That Supra in the thread - that guy's car was pristine and you could eat off his engine - I remember he was an artist at detailing his car. There was another nice guy who borrowed a 360 from Gotham to drive that morning, he was involved in media IIR. And there was Clyde who is one if the nicest guys I ever met. I don't recall the rest of who showed up. I think it was the only time I crossed paths with anyone in this section in the 25 years or so I've been involved with Ferraris. Not sure if any of them I met that morning are you guys posting in this thread.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/9-11-run.73337/page-2

23. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Have the 308 over 30 years, been here over 15 years. I was so jealous of all you guys with flip-phones... :)

sjmst likes this.
  24. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hey guys!

Man I cant remember the last time I logged in here.

Nice topic idea Buzz... glad to hear you still have both cars.

Phil B.... I still have that supra, and it still looks the same. Thanks for the kind words.

That Asharokan Run thread was a great blast from the past.... really good memories!

sjmst and kandi like this.
  25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    greg G in the house!!! leave it to me to be here and not get wind of any of the drama....i didnt even know what the EC was until chapter 2...guess i had my head buried at work....

what year did the NY section of fchat start?