0070M in Montespertoli 2008? | FerrariChat

0070M in Montespertoli 2008?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by ketil3, Sep 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ketil3

ketil3 Karting

Apr 2, 2016
    Norvegia
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is not 0070 M. It is just another replica. Using for some time "0092 A".
    Created in Italy prior to 2000.
    Sydorick's 0096 E was copied while it was in restoration in Italy in 1998. An Italian built a replica and had it stamped 0092 A, both engine and chassis.
    This because back in those years most people did not know where the real 0092 A was (it was with Nick Begovich in CA/USA from 18 January 1958 until September 2008 but dismantled and never shown, so most people believed that 0092 A doesn't exist anymore and the Italian thought that chassis number 0092 A would be "free" or "available"). Apparently he also had no photos of the real 0092 A...…...

Marcel Massini

3. ketil3

ketil3 Karting

Apr 2, 2016
    Norvegia
    Thanks. What a jungle this is ...

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It's not a jungle. Just stay away from all those crazy websites and also from replicas.

Marcel Massini

5. ketil3

ketil3 Karting

Apr 2, 2016
    Norvegia
    Hard to stay away from replicas when they are so similar. I was in this very town earlier this year, and had I stumbled upon this particular car, I would probably go nearer. No time for a background check. Vignale sign? Shiver. Early 50s something. Horrible rattle and toxic fumes. If lucky, a few respectful words with the owner. Something bella. Then try really hard to inquire something about something important, such as that model number which I had just seen. Centiolo settesimi sei? Si. No? Si! Any number goes. E una Vignale? Certo. E marrone? Si! Everything matches. And, thinking it had been a great day in Montespertoli. The experience is real. The experience is also a replica.

6. ketil3

ketil3 Karting

Apr 2, 2016
    Norvegia
    Thanks!!! Found the "340 America" here (go to the gallery at the bottom, and click the right arrow to get "2 di 4"):
    http://www.ciclootto.it/category/auto/page/2/

And here is the other one with a closeup of the Ferrari label.
    http://www.italianedacorsa.it/tag/fiat-100-103/

There are a couple of differences to 0070M that I see now. The mirror and something on the rear trunk.

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Once AGAIN!!!
    It is NOT 0070 M and it is NOT 0092 E.
    It is a TOTAL FAKE and TOTAL REPLICA. A replica built in Italy. Nothing more than that.
    See also post #2.
    I have personally inspected this replica and can state that both the chassis number and the engine number are completely faked.
    The real 0070 M is in USA, looks totally different and is owned since March 1995 by Jon Shirley.
    And the real 0092 M is also in USA and belongs since September 2008 to Peter McCoy.
    I also have personally inspected both of the real cars, both 0070 M and 0092 E.

Marcel Massini

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Once the constructors of this replica found out that the number 0092 E is still "in use" by the real and existing car (the real 0092 E in California with Nick Begovich and later Peter McCoy) they tried to find another identity to register their replica. They then found 0191 EL in Belgium, a less attractive 212 Inter Ghia Coupé. Now they have registered their red "Vignale Coupé Replica" with the paperwork of that blue-grey Ghia Coupé 0193 EL. Previously on Belgian license plates "BL 425 H".
    Which leaves the question what happened with the real 0193 EL (the blue-grey 212 Ghia Coupé).

Marcel Massini

FF4X4 likes this.
  9. nschots

nschots Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2011
    Buenos Aires.
    Full Name:
    Nicolás Sch.
    Since when is it missing? After being displayed at Geneva Classics, CH in 2006?

10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Belgium 2007.

Marcel Massini