Passing the 60.000km | FerrariChat

Passing the 60.000km

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MvT, Jul 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #1 MvT, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    All I recently just passed the 60.000km with my Mondi and it is still running fine. Time for an oil change. Preferred a UFI oil filter, but they are hard to get in this country so I took the good black MANN again.

Question to you guys: Did anyone ever flushed their Mondi engine and if so what did you use and how did it behave afterwards?

I am not very keen on this stuff, but it was a need for one of our Fiat diesels which was giving poor performance and all of a sudden dropped 50% in power. Cleaned out the EGR valve as it was stuck, was running fine again. Put in Pro-tec Engine Flush on recommendation of the dealer. To be honest it did the little 1.3cc performer very good. I actually noticed a difference after an oil change.

This is actually the only product I dare to put in an engine as it has a protection layer in it while flushing. I read good and bad results, however actually not on this product. a lot of folks are using it with every oil change.

Anyone did this before?

https://www.protecautocare.com/motor-vehicle-care/engine-flush

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gn-upC0sJE]Passing the 60.000km with Ferrari Mondial 3.2 - YouTube[/ame]

paulchua likes this.
  2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Those markers feel like birthdays to me and put a bit of joy in my heart. I've never done a flush like the one you mention. I'm always concerned to do this type of thing to an old car. An irrational fear that the varnish on the insides may be holding things together :D

3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #3 MvT, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    I think the same on the markers! In fact I can only do 10.000km a year insurrance wise and I just did MOT yesterday, passed after fxing one issue on the spot. She decided not to blink up the breaklights anymore. Did a check a days before if everything was working though. Melted socket of the break light that caused a fuse to blow :eek: fixed on the spot and passed. Anyway it's a one year anniversary that I drive her :D so these indeed feel like birthdays!

I think your fear is not entirely irrational :)

What is mentioned on their website:
    Safe to Use in Virtually Every Year, Make & Model

This is a professional chemical tool that has been developed to match or exceed the OEM specifications of Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Bugatti, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, GMC, Oldsmobile, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Suzuki, Peugeot, Pontiac, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saturn, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.

4. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    O dear, you passed the low mileage border. From now on the car will be impossible to sell!
    ;)

*sigh* I wished I was in the 60K region. :( It would mean I've done allready 12K kms with her.... :(

5. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Congrats on 60k-k. I have resoved the coolant quandry easily enough since my car never overheats and the coolant looks fine. One of the guys wrote to me if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have been running 60/40 glycol unpressurized without losing a drop of coolant in the last year and going on 6,000 added miles, often, like today at 90F (low humidity).

I am hesitant to disturb any coolant crude that might be in there since right now it is having no deliterious effects. One thing I will start to do is from time to time use a turkey baster to remove coolant from the tank and replace it with 60/40. A little bit at a time will be easy enough over a long time.

That will ensure nothing in the system is disturbed. If the water pump ever goes I might go the Jay Lenno rout and use a water free coolant.

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    just passed the 80.oookm last summer :)

7. EXCELSE

EXCELSE Karting

Nov 27, 2014
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Scuderia Brughia
    Almost 65000km on mine which means 1/3 of the millage under my ownership in 4 years.

I give her a yearly shot of injectorcleaner to keep her happy.

paulchua likes this.