Considering selling my 360 | FerrariChat

Considering selling my 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ghostdiver, Sep 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Guys,
    I am exploring the idea of selling my car. With the recent selling of several very nice early gated 360's with prices lower than what I would have expected, my intended price point was blown away. So, looking for a new starting point. If I do sell, it will be priced for a quick sale, rather than sit and wait.

So, here are the details....
    1999 360 Modena F1
    Rosso Fiorano / Cuoio
    40,000 miles (bought in 2014 with 22,000 miles)
    Standard seats w/power
    Factory options--shields, fire extinguisher, leather headliner, cd changer
    2 keys, 2 black fobs, 1 red fob + code
    All original documentation (orig. tan doc holder & cuoio doc holder)
    All accessories incl. except flashlight (comp. tool kit, tire repair, repro fix-o-flat bag, rep. leather straps)

Options added--
    CS grills front & rear (front-OEM, rear-aftermarket)
    CS exhaust
    OEM CF engine bay side panels
    CS engine bay panel extensions
    Carbonio CF comp cover w/cav
    OEM blue anodized breather pipe
    OEM car cover w/bag
    CS airbox lids (aftermarket)
    OEM CS/430 MAF (NIB)
    CS TCU
    CS gauge overlay
    CS type CF gauge cluster overlay
    OEM F1 pump (rebuilt)--spare incl.
    Scud Ing full rear lights incl. center brake light
    Scud Ing LED turn signals & ECU flasher
    Scud Ing F1 relay
    430 Challenge centerlocks wheels/adapters MPS4 235, 295 19" tires
    Hill Eng. upper ball joints x 4 (loose)
    Hill Eng. F1 repair lever (loose)
    Clutch at 83% rem during last annual (March 2017)*
    Cascade 7944 headunit w/iPod cable (Ferrari unit w/Nav)
    Extended CF shift paddles

Records & service
    All work doe by myself or Sphere Motors in Houston
    Annual records back to 2014
    Timing belts serviced 2013, 2017
    Green dot variators in place
    No subframe damage at motor mounts
    Motor mounts inspected annually
    Headliner repaired
    MPSS 225 & 295 18" tires
    F1 system inspected by Sphere earlier this month (no codes, performed F1 relearn procedure)
    Alternator cable repaired (added new connection & Kevlar/armid heat shielding)

Known issues
    F1 actuator has slight leak at rear cover (black Selespeed cover)
    *During relearn procedure CPS readings were off indicating possible sensor issue

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

espvh likes this.
  2. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    It took me a year to sell my spider for 70K after fixing it to the tune of 15K. Looks like a great car but this market is so soft for 360s. You might be better off keeping it for a while.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    In this market, I'd hold onto it for awhile, or, I'd go through the trouble and sell off some of the big ticket CS parts and put the originals back on, you have thou$and$$$ in parts that are easy to liquidate. (if you're going to sell the exhaust LMK!)

My recommendation is to maybe try a professional paint correction to bring out the color, give it the glossy look (mine was $700) or try changing the wheels, may sound silly but I fell in love with my car all over again with a couple simple changes....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

paint correction

4. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    To chime in yet again. I really like the F430 I have now but truly regret selling the 360 and if I had it to do over again I would’ve simply kept it and saved 52K.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I absolutely love the car but I am looking at other options and if I move in another direction, I'll have to let this one go. The bad thing about trying to sell right now is mine doesn't have that goofy stick in the middle of the console that people are going crazy for. Somethings I could pull off and sell separately but I feel that if I took too much off and go back to stock, I'd take too much of a hit. As far as wheels go, I have the 430 Challenge centerlocks which are currently off the car right now pending lowering the car. If I were to sell, those may or may not go. Depends on the offer if I sell. I had my detailer look over the car and his opinion is that it isn't too bad and he priced it about the same as yours. Car is a not a daily driver but maybe a weekly driver which comes with the associated rock chips on the front. Pics below are with the centerlocks on...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Vteclover302 likes this.
  6. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Did you shoot those pics? What lens were you using with those side pics?

7. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    The center locks are awsome i need to sell my cs wheels to get these one day lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I want to drive that road, usually I just take off dead bugs from the grills not money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Says he’s from Texas, must be oil drilling territory.

10. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Those Texas guys make them rain

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I10 outside of Houston.....richest highway in the country but not from oil!

12. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Wow your last pic with the rolling shot looks amazing! Is it lower in that picture? looks awesome with the center locks!

I was just using my Samsung S7, auto focus, no editing, it does a decent job

13. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Yea, waiting on the photographer to get me hi-res 24x36 pic of that. No, car is not lowered at all, still at factory height...makes me wonder if I really should drop it down to CS height. Have different tires on in the roller than the still though...225/30/19 & 295/30/19. Roller has 235/35 and 295/35

Good job on the pics. Don't think my S8 does that good

brookliner7 likes this.
  14. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    OP, Sent you a PM.

15. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Right back at you!

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Im confused: what color is the car?

17. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    rosso fiorano . Med dark metallic red. Full sunlight, it can look like a slightly darker shade of Rosso Corsa depending on the angle. In shadows or especially at dawn/dusk, it can look like a deep ruby red. It's really a beautiful color

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I guess i am confused because of the yellow 360’s pictures; i thought car had a warp of some sorts

19. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Sorry, that's my bad, I was thread jacking! I can delete if that helps?

I enjoy my lower ride height, I'm running front 225/35R19, rear: 285/35R19,
    You can try lowering it for a few days and see how you like it before you invest in a alignment. you can always raise it back up if you don't like it ;)

But I'd serious hold onto this 360, its an amazing car and with all the upgrades it's certainly something special. What direction are you wanting to go if you sell?

I'd imagine the market is going to bounce back in 5-10 years, but if you can't wait, then I'd say time is money, and I wouldn't let life pass you buy just for $$$.

20. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Brookliner7, I'm guessing the other comments were directed at me, otherwise this thread just got more confusing!! :)

Anyway, right now, I'm just feeling out the market. I am considering selling, possibly in the near future...kinda depends on several personal issues that I have going on right now. With that being said, I'm not in a position where I have to unload at a fire sale price, hence, testing the waters.

IF I sell, I'd be looking at 458 in the near future or F12 in the distant future for my next toy.

brookliner7 and espvh like this.
  21. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    #21 artsd, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    I know what you mean about the low prices. I looked for several months and then bought a 360 spider from an fchatter 2 months ago that is probably worth 10+% less today based on recent prices seen here. But I bought a higher mileage driver, not an investment, so I just need to drive it more to get my money’s worth. :)

One thing I notice is that cars here are either going for a very reasonable price or very high price for pristine low mileage cars. But of the many cars I looked at in Florida I think only one seller even knew what ferrarichat was. The asking prices on autotrader, cargurus, etc are still where they were months ago and haven’t seen the drops we’ve seen here recently. It might be that fchat prices are more realistic and a buyer outside of fchat will pay more due to not following the market closely.

Another thing to keep in mind is the sample size here is small. How many 360s have been advertised and sold in the last few months? It is not that many in the big picture.

espvh likes this.
  22. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Well, can't go wrong with a 458! There's a decent gated 360 for $71k right now, wow...this is a buyers market right now!

I was doing a search and just saw you had a top speed exhaust before the CS, I am thinking of getting the titanium version, any concerns? I have the stock setup sans pre-cat since mine is euro-spec, been thinking of getting rid of the coffin boat anchor setup with a valveless tubi, but wouldn't mind having a louder setup if it sounds great.
    Have you heard anyone with a tubi on a 360? If so, do you think the Top speed is more aggressive?
    I like that they distribute from Texas :)
    No check engine light?

23. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Yes, I did have the SS Top Speed Pro 1 exhaust before the CS. My car is a late production 99 so it has some of the updates of the 2000 model but I still have the 99 euro-spec/Challenge manifolds. When I was putting the Top Speed system on, I fired it up without anything...just coming off the main cats. I wish I had a audio or video of that because the car sounded like a pro stock car...I kid you not!

Anyway, I really didn't have an problem with the Top Speed system other than the fact it is loud...extremely loud. Had a slight drone on the highway too. If you look at an actual Challenge race exhaust it looks similar in construction to a Top Speed setup. My system tipped the scales in the mid 20 lbs. including tailpipes if I remember correctly. Construction was top notch, welds were really nice. However, the system was mirror polished but it would stain like nothing I've seen before. Water spots, etc. If I would have kept it, I think I would have ended up wrapping it due to the stains. Can't comment about the Ti system though. Did not have any check engine light whatsoever.

brookliner7 likes this.