New Ford GT | Page 82 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    It may be old news from a time perspective, but the posting from piratepress is the first occurrence in this thread of an outcome and the first news I've heard since the suit was originally filed. I guess Cena's novel argument wasn't so novel and that is why the issue was settled and not litigated.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I thought it was supposed to crush the competition?

Attached Files:

werewolf likes this.
  4. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Corvette retains the bang-for-the-buck crown. Now that the Viper's gone, nothing comes close for the money.

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I sort of understand the GT being slower than the GT2RS and ZR1..but slower than the Huracan? And not that much faster than a regular GT3..

6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    If you watch the videos , they actually weighed the car on the scales.
    Depending on how much gas is in the tank, this car is between 3,400 to 3,500 lbs. Overall.
    There are only two videos of the GT at the dyno, Kurt Busch car 535 at the wheels or 528 . Brooks GT at 505 and 535 at his second run.
    Start doing the math......It wasn't at M/T Drag race 8 and with the EVO test results it was just as bad, well at least it beat out the 4 cylinder Lotus.
    Two factors 1. Every single day that goes by the technology gets better.
    The difference from the 720s to the Porsche was splitting hairs and a year of technology.
    The GT is really 3 years old and was almost 6 seconds behind that group.
    In 5 years its all moot my friends, its all going electric.
    Just imagine if it had a V8.

7. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Just imagine how peaceful it would be if the needle was removed from the broken record.

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont really care it's slower, surprised yes, but I would still want one over a huracan, zr1..maybe as much as a 720s.

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    It’s your money and your choice. Your choice is never wrong.

“Why did you buy a Morgan 3 Wheeler when you could’ve bought a Cayman?”

“STFU.”

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was designed to win LeMans within the design/weight regulations at the time, which it did. It wasn't designed to break 0-60, 0-100-0, or whatever other records nor to compete with street cars in those short lived tests. Put all those cars on the track for 24 hours and see what happens.

Phil~, SteveA, Davesvt2000 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    People either appreciate that it’s a no-waiver homologation car or don’t. I fail to see how any serious enthusiast would not appreciate it, but many people have a tendency to express opinions without making even a modest effort to understand what they are talking about.

randkin, SteveA, Davesvt2000 and 2 others like this.
  12. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    The wild homologation Porsche GT1, a car I would gladly give both GTJoey’s nuts for, was about as “fast” as the contemporary generation, garden variety Porsche Turbo. Only car show poseurs criticize it for that reason.

Jo Sta7, Davesvt2000 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    :eek:

:D:D:D

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  14. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Okay, but when someone says their hellcat will smoke it in a 1/4 mile, their ZR1 corvette will lap it faster, their 458 is more comfy you can't get all defensive. The NFGT is a race car for the street, great, but when you take it to the track and it gets smoked, you also can't stand there stomping your feet saying, but we need to race for 24 hrs.

I love the original ford gt and the 05-06 reimagination, but I just can't like this car. I think it's ugly. However, it is what it is and it is very exclusive group of owners. Enjoy it if you have one, are getting one or are able to acquire one in the future. Just please stop the mines better than yours. Todays benchmark is tomorrow's hasbeen.

Davesvt2000 and werewolf like this.
  15. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Man, you were making some good points until you described it as ugly.

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Unfortunately the design just does not work for me since I saw a yellow/ black stripe mule or clay model at the NY auto show in 15 or 16. For me it looks squashed and big. But as a car guy, I do appreciate what it is. Again to the lucky few who have one, enjoy.

I've had a car or two folks did not love. Who cares I liked em and really that's all that matters. Oh yeah, all my current cars are all slow compared to anything today, probably including minivans.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  17. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    +1

18. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    jamesdouglas1436 and crinoid like this.
  19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    To me, it is beautiful and fast enough. If you want there is always a tune or some mod to increase power. I would take one if I could get one.

21. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    Love mine, it's like no other car I have ever driven, owned or ridden in. From a very selfish point of view I wish mine was the last one built (lol) however 1350 is still such a low number IMO long term the value wont be effected, short term probably some. Glad others will get a shot at ownership. Getting an ice cream at the local dairy. Did I mention how fortunate I am to not only have gotten one, to have gotten one that pays tribute to both of my boyhood hero's but how honored I am that they both signed it?

Attached Files:

22. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    It’s great news. More cars available for others.

Tenney likes this.
  23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Congratulations :)

Value won't be impacted, by Ford building a few more ...

24. italianjoe

italianjoe Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe