F1 2018 | FerrariChat

F1 2018

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Game came out today. Seems like more of the same. I guess they are trying to be like EA and milking their customers every year.

They probably need to patch it soon because of Force India :p

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Much prefer it over 2017. Can push the cars a lot more, the cars don't feel like boats. The R&D path is a lot better as well, in '17 it was slow, now a lot more options and can grow a team quicker. Negotiating a contract is great as well. AI is far better, they actually attempt overtakes....

Biggest downside of the game is the inclusion of Paul Ricard. Last year on '17 I was poor at best at Baku, my real bogey circuit...now Baku is great but Paul Ricard is absolute hell for me. Can't get a half decent lap in on that mickey mouse circuit, what a hell hole. I typically play at 101-105 percent pending on circuit, paul ricard I struggle at 80%o_O

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Just got back into this game, simply because of the online racing. Decided to do the career thing. In a Williams. And some things are just terribly off. First off, I'm winning races. In a Williams. Something's not right there. Apart from that... First corner always results in getting punted by the AI to some degree. And being penalized for getting punted. Sometimes getting spun, then t-boned and penalized for being t-boned. After pitstops, the auto mode will launch me into hairpin corners at tracks like Bahrain, sometimes causing crashes, sometimes just resulting in me going off the track because I couldn't slow down enough to make the turn. And of course, some AI regularly punting you or turning into you. I also really dislike the R&D and interview stuff, would have liked to be able to turn that off completely and have the R&D happen based on my driving.