Question about 288 GTO Evo 1:43 from Jouef Evolution | FerrariChat

Question about 288 GTO Evo 1:43 from Jouef Evolution

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Dan_458, Sep 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dan_458

Dan_458 Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Danilo Athayde
    Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've started a collection of 1:43 scale Ferrari models last year and I'm expanding it at the moment.

I live in Brazil, so I have no access to most of the good models. Most of my models are ixo/altaya, but there are a few Hot Wheels Elites, also one by Brumm and one Bburago Signature.

I've recently found a 288 GTO Evo 1:43 by Jouef Evolution for sale at MercadoLivre (some kind of brazilian ebay) and it might be my only chance to have a 288 Evo in my collection. So I was wondering if anyone here has this model and can give me some intel on it.

How is it in terms of quality?

Is it's shape/cast loyal to the true car? (That's my greatest concern, as it looks way shorter than the real car in the pictures).

Does it lack too many details?

Would you say the model as a whole is better or worse than an ixo model?

Any comparison to ixo quality is very appreciated, as I don't want to spend money on any model that is way too inferior to the rest of the collection.

Thanks for your time.

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Welcome! I've owned one of these models but sold it when I moved from 1:43 to collecting 1:18. I was quite satisfied with the quality and detail, especially at that scale and for the price I paid new. I don't know what kind of money these models fetch today and how it compares to alternatives that are probably hand built and thus expensive?

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have all the 1:18s from Joeff of the period, I would say they are very nice at the price point.

They did many variants of the P3 and P4/412s, and I have a 1:18 GTO Evolution I am sure it it theirs.
    Rare car not often modeled...maybe harder to capture at 1:43 but IMO I would go for it!

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I have the 1:18 Evo as well. The 1:43 version is much more detailed.

5. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    The 1:43 is quite a little jewel. I don't own it but I recall seeing it several times years ago. Would have bought it but had shifted to 1:18 by then.

6. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
  7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The golden unicorn here is the 1/43 scale 288 Evo in yellow. Jouef made 48 of these for Exoticar Model back in the early 1990s. Exoticar sold me 6 and sadly I have since sold them all. I do have the yellow 330 P4 still.

8. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Looksmart made 2 series with different wheels, they also did a 1:18.

MR collection made a 1:43 all open model as a kit and built version in the bosica series in 1:43, if you want the best one, thats it, but if you can find one it will cost you $200 for the kit at minimal $800 for a built model