Looking for someone with good contacts at Al-Tayer Motors to help research my '98 355F1 GTS | FerrariChat

Looking for someone with good contacts at Al-Tayer Motors to help research my '98 355F1 GTS

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by StanT, Sep 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    My 1998 355F1 GTS was originally special ordered and sold by Al-Tayer motors in Dubai. It was 1 of 6 Ferraris they special ordered. It came to the US in early 2000. I've owned it since Oct. 2007.

I've identified and located 1 of the other 5, a 1999 F355 Berlinetta, which also came to the US in 2000.

I wrote to the dealership several years ago about my car and the group of 6, but they didn't respond. I know Ferrari dealers keep things close hold.

Does anyone in the Dubai, or larger UAE area, have any good contacts there that would provide some information about these cars? This is personal interest research. I am not a dealer, nor looking to sell my car.

TIA
    Stan
    Vienna, VA, USA

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Just a thought: if MODIS (or whatever it is now called) is a global system a US official dealer ought to be able to look up a few original details about your car from its chassis no

Equally some folk have had luck via the official myferrari website's 'contact us'

3. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I guess my original post was not clear. I'm looking for information about the whole group of 6 special order cars, specifically the other 4 that I haven't identified. I'd like to know if they are all 355s, their specific customization features, their VINs (at least the last 6 digits), and where they are now.

My car's custom ordered items are:

Ø Beige (Code 4208) leather, darker than the standard Tan (Code 3218)
    Ø Black piping on the seats
    Ø Black stitching around the gauge cluster and radio
    Ø Matching Beige leather dashboard, door wraparounds and airbag. Standard 355s have black leather in these places.
    Ø Full F355 Challenge roll bar, also covered in matching Beige leather
    Ø Black carpeting rather than standard brown
    Ø Alcantara upper surfaces on sun visors
    Ø Alpine stereo with extra speakers behind the seats in lieu of storage box

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

4. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    My 355 is at Al Tayer for annual service right now. I will pick it up on Sun. I know a couple of good guys in sales and will ask them for you and see if they are welling to help.

5. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Thank you. PM sent with more info.

Stan