Motus v4 | FerrariChat

Motus v4

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by boxerman, Apr 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Went and had a look at their bikes.
    Really impressive, far more so than the pictures would suggest. An American ducati.
    While not light it felt really light perhaps because of how the mass is centered.

if they were 20k they would have a winner, at +30k its a big ask.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I know the two founders. I asked them once if drug and alcohol abuse played a role in founding the company. ;)

Seriously, they have deep pockets and can make it on very small volumes. They get the price thing a lot. Their counterargument is a big Harley. Same price, which bike would you buy?

Did you ride the bike?

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

No just got to look at it, was seriously impressed with the build and components used.
    Then I sat on it and lifted it off the stand, compared to other heavy bikes it felt light and compact, fits like a glove is the thought that comes to mind.

4. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It's a cool design. One-half of a small block Chevy.

5. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    You have to ride it and it will make more sense. All components are top shelf

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I used to live less than a mile from their HQ (I was also on 5th ave south) and drove by them all the time. It's a pretty small shop. How many bikes do they make a year?

7. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Solid "A" on the cool factor.

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    When they first started, I believe their goal was to make 350 a year.

9. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    Bump. At the end of August, Motus stopped production. Not sure what the next step is for them.
    Anyone want to invest?

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    From Motus Owners Group on FB

[​IMG]

To all Motus customers, dealers, staff, suppliers, friends,

After an amazing ten year ride, Motus is forced to shut down operations, effective immediately.

This week, Motus' financial backers unexpectedly informed management that they will not provide sufficient capital to maintain operations and grow the business. We were surprised and disappointed, especially because we have been working so hard preparing an October 2018 product launch into a new and exciting segment as well as new features on the MST series. This is very unfortunate timing and we will work to quickly find a new path forward for Motus Motorcycles and our American V4 powertrain division.

We are very grateful to Team Motus, truly the finest group of professionals and people, who have each dedicated so much of their hearts and soul to Motus. We are also thankful to our dealers and the many customers and supporters who have cheered us on and put gas in our tanks along the way.

For Motus owners, hang on to those motorcycles. As you already know, they are heirlooms, unlike any other motorcycles ever built.

Very sincerely,

Lee Conn and Brian Case, founders

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Sad. I knew Brian well, and Lee a little bit. I hope there will be a Version 2.0.

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Its a great bike in the flesh. They need to get the price down to be competitive.

Texas Forever likes this.