Carbon interior for F12 | FerrariChat

Carbon interior for F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by gds7368, Sep 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Suggesions for carbon fiber interior trim for F12 needed!

Already have cup holder and center tunnel (stock) and transplanted the extended carbon shift paddles from my 458. Was thinking dash, door handles. Thoughts? Companies? Thanks in advance for any help. Greg

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    From what you have, do the driver zone, dash strips and control surrounds and the door sills. Door panels or handles or back shelf are too much for the leather interior IMO unless you do race seats as well which would hit every carbon option and really be too much over the top for the style of the car and the exorbitant cost. Keep it classy with a good mix of upgrade appropriate for the flagship spec. You want exact weave match and superior sealer/polish. An F12 done right should not show noticeable contrast plastic (unless its completely void of CF with some other color or texture theme), look like a Rolex inside and smell fantastic. I absolutely love my spec but all are OEM. Good luck and tell us what you decide.

Gullwing likes this.
  4. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Those are great suggestions, but Carbonio only sells extended carbon shift paddles (which I already have) and Macarbon only sells dash trim set, door handle, mirror triangles and gas lid surround as far as I see on their websites.

Is there a carbon strip that replaces the thin horizontal black plastic strip where the passenger info panel would go (mine doesn't have the passenger display, only the black plastic strip)?

Any place to get the door sills?

What are thoughts on the gas lid surround (did it for my 458, thinking of skipping that piece for the F12 as the contrast might be too much)?

Red exterior, tan interior (sorry no interior shot)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You could try asking Ferrari, but likely very very expensive. You could also ask Mansory:

http://www.mansory.com/en/range-cars/ferrari-f12

Congratulations on a very nice F12! I don't think they make anything for the passenger display area. My advice would be to skip the CF fuel cap and probably leave the interior alone and I would change the wheels to the lighter and stronger forged wheels and put a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport or PS4S tires...

ANOpax and MDEL like this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    There is no carbon insert I've seen for the deep black accent above the glove box. Seeing what you have maybe the dash trim set and the sills from Ferrari or EBay and other stores online. Lots to choose from - do a search. Agree skip the fuel cap. Your F12 is beautiful and classy. Keep the classic wheels.

MDEL likes this.
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations your F12 looks really nice so enjoy this great car as much as you can. Looking at the pictures of the interior you published and comparing them with some I have of my F12, I noticed that the top and lower sections of the air vents aren't in carbon fiber. These features in particular have a great visual impact in the interior and IMO they really enhance the impression of quality and sophistication. The carbon fiber door sills also have an impact because as as soon as you open the doors they are the first visual element where the eye focus creating a first impression for what comes after.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ANOpax, Solid State and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm not sure I would bother with aftermarket stuff....Be happy with the factory bits you have.

For context, I ordered my 2017 F12 with every single CF option available, including headlight buckets and engine compartment.

ANOpax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you mind me asking how much the headlight buckets were in CF ? Also, did you get bottom part of front splitter in CF, and if so, how much was that please ?

Thanks

Mike

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The front spoiler and headlight buckets as an option to order on a new car was approx. $5,700 each. To buy them now from Ferrari after the fact would be much more costly...my guess.

11. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you

12. Rosino81

Rosino81 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    London, UK
    Has anybody retrofitted interior CF trim to the F12?

Looking at a car that has only LED wheel and ideally would have wanted to add the F1 bridge and dashboard inserts.. bridge I guess easy to do but dashboard inserts ?!?

13. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Just do a Google search for Ferrari F12 carbon fiber door sill. It shows at least half a dozen sellers. For example, Ebay has it for $1,600. It is one of my favorite options on the car. The sport sills in CF are like $6k, and front spoiler was $2,400 if I remeber correctly. I'd agree with Caeruleus11 and spend the money on nice, tasteful rims and rubbers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Rosino81

Rosino81 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    London, UK
    Yes saw those. Easy to tackle those. It’s the dash trim which is the one that might be trickier. I will report back on how feasible and expensive it is when I hear back from my dealer.

15. Rosino81

Rosino81 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    London, UK
    By the way of an update for those considering this endeavour one day.

- dash carbon inserts are available as Ferrari genuine accessories, it you shop around you can even find an ok deal

The massive issue here is the labour required to install the kit. Ferrari quotes dealers an astonishing 24 hour of labour. Yes. Twenty four hours. So pretty much three days of work :)

the kick plate and the F1 bridge are much easier to do of course at 1 and 2 hours quoted.

The cupholder is also relatively inexpensive to get but I don’t yet have an installation labour time for that one yet. I wonder if it’s not a complicated job if the central console needs to come out.

I will continue my investigations and report back if I manage to achieve something positive.

Shamsta likes this.
  16. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    I can’t understand how it that much labour to replace the dash plastic pieces with carbon. Crazy! I was considering this but will give it a pass at this level of labour cost. It must require removing the dash or something crazy like that.

17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It s not plastic, it s " real " aluminium !