Sold - for sale 2009 Maserati Gran Turismo sport | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Sold for sale 2009 Maserati Gran Turismo sport

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by PATLEW, Jul 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Very happy for you..if I had room it would have been in it already

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Fantastic! Someone is getting a great, sorted car for a small amount of money.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats....finally. ;) Hope the sale goes smoothly. It has been killin me that I didn't pull the trigger, almost called you back.

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Congrats on the sale! Been watching these for some time. Deals can still be found on "S" models and 4.7 cars.
    Been looking at 2009-2011 GT's.
    Researching the cam variator issue as well.

Ga ad-velorum tax @ 9% is making me gun shy.

By the time you add in a years insurance, shipping and the tax, its +$4500 on any "fun" car I want.
    :(

5. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Yup...if one is okay with some miles (meaning 30k+) and the cam variator issue, then the pre-2011 cars are a bit lower priced than the 2012+ cars. (Interestingly I found that there is not "one single year" where the "big changes" like front end, seats, etc took place. They were phased in over the 2012-2014 time frame it seems.)

Tell me about it - I just bought a 2014 GTC and its +$7500 delta from the price of the car alone to total-as-delivered (sales tax, registration/license fee, shipping). Really its +$10,500 as I'm also getting a clear film on the front and ceramic coating applied. Well, at least I can expect it to depreciate by 50% over the next few years :(

thecarreaper likes this.
  6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's unfortunately exactly what held me back from buying this car. Price+shipping+9%tax+license+insurance would have been well over $40k which is stretching my fun car budget. Surprisingly insurance wasn't bad, about the same as I pay for my current Cayenne. If it had been closer or at a dealer at the same price and I could have traded the Cayenne I would have been all over it. The only other ones I've seen seem to be all back east too for some reason (other than one in Vegas that WAY overpriced).

I'm just glad Patrick got it sold. I really wish it were coming to my garage!!!

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Hagerty has been quoting me around $700 a year full coverage on one of these. Just need to find the right car. My MR2 has a bid on Ebay, so if I am actually paid I may be motivated. :)

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't remember exactly but it was about $450 for 6 months through Progressive for me.

thecarreaper likes this.
  9. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #84 PATLEW, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Sold sold sold. New first time exotic owner. He had a big smile when I rolled up at the airport to pick them up in the GTS. He was happy as hell to come and see a car with zero surprises and not a roached out vehicle with hidden items not disclosed before making a journey to see a car. Great guy knew exactly what he was looking for even brought his mechanic from Excell Auto sports and service to check the vehicle over before he completed the transaction. Note I recommend anyone buying an exotic to make sure you take the time to check out a vehicle or you could find yourself with problems unknown at time of purchase. Don't trust anything but the facts and don't emotion overlook items. I happened to me.

Rob the mechanic brought their mobile Leonardo system and the car checked out as I had described. There was less than 6% wear on the clutch and everything up to date. Mechanic said it was a fantastic price for the car. I don't know how fast they drove but they made it back to Boca 760 miles in warp speed time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Falcon Wing, Jdubbya and Dave rocks like this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Welcome to the club
    Now like me, you’ll be - I miss the Maser.

With my FF in the shop the past two weeks, no four seater to have fun with....

They are Greta cars and seriously undervalued because of the fear of repair and costs. You,like me , took care of everything, and someone gets a good car. They are so fun.

Scott

11. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    These cars are really such great "exotic" GT's. And yours was a great example. Glad you got it sold. That guy just got the best bang for the buck possible.

12. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Glad you got it sold and congrats to the new owner!!

Dave rocks likes this.
  13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The new owner won the lottery. Awesome car at a give away price.

flash32 and BoulderFCar like this.