McLaren | Page 22 | FerrariChat

McLaren

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    lololo, pPat Fried sucks even more than Alonso....Mac will disapeer in no time!!!

freshmeat likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Zak Brown = F'n moron!

So this guy was basically a Honda works team. Honda gave them an exclusive spec engine to their requirements for 10 years, let them have it for free with all technical support, paid 1/2 of their driver's salaries, and promoted their brand in the team world wide PR campaign

Then they dump Honda to because their own engineering restricted the engine development and Brown wanted to keep Alonso who had had it with Honda.

NOW Brown whines the F1 "timebomb is exploding" because of the difference in "works teams" vs "non works" teams.

Hello.... did you not see this when you decide to kill off your 10 year Honda deal?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138648/f1-ticking-timebomb-now-exploding--mclaren

TOOLFAN and daytona355 like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Guess for a larger logo Mclaren would have had to pay them more they can really afford.

fil likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    By the size of the stickers on the bargeboards, it can't be a big sponsorship.

But McLaren must be grateful for any help it gets, I suppose.

NbyNW likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahahaha, you know, the sad thing is, is McLaren admitted they were paying their sponsors rather than the other way around, we could actually believe it!

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The biggest logos on Macs this year where Alonso’s fashion brand.

You think he paid a cent?

daytona355 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I wondered about that.

I guess not.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They should have put up “this space for rent”. :)

daytona355 likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

There is a case for offering free advertising to look attractive and build up a fake portfolio of sponsors.

"This space for Rent" looks like begging, IMO.

It's the same as putting attractive job offers in the media when in fact there is no vacancy; as some companies do to get mentioned.

15. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    375+ likes this.
  16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Wonder if, now Mclaren won’t be racing Indy, this sponaorship means Alonso will race in Nascar?

daytona355 likes this.
  17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Back then they put roll bars only to pass the scrutineering. When Bandini died, one of the things Ferrari realized analizing the wreckage was that the collapse of the roll bar trapped the driver in the burning car. They put a "real" roll bar since then and it became mandatory the next year for everybody. But that was in 1968, McLaren was already dead.

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Bandini's tragic death was completely avoidable. The aircraft industry developed self healing fuel cells in WW2. And the marshals were unprepared, improperly equipped, and not properly trained.

In those days, life was cheap.

william, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sadly so.. it was the mindset of gentleman racers, rather than a professional sport I suppose, they just didn’t take the safety issues seriously enough putting it down to just bad luck, rather than bad design and engineering that if put right could prevent a lot of the injuries and deaths

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Things could be worse, I could be a McLaren fan.

All kidding aside, I wish they would improve.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  21. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    They didn't all use safety belts in that time period.

daytona355 likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    As substantial as a wire coat hanger.

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Gil de Ferran on the McLaren MCL34: "It seems to be going well, but you have to wait"- (pic is not the MCL34)

[​IMG]

The sports director of McLaren, Gil de Ferran, has been cautious about the potential of the MCL34. Until next Thursday his appearance will not be known, but the Brazilian remembers that it will be necessary to wait for the pre-season to discover if they have worked in the right direction this winter.

Until putting it on track in the pre-season tests , at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Gil de Ferran does not dare to predict the competitiveness of the MCL34. McLaren has changed its philosophy and do not exceed a bit in that of selling smoke uselessly, quite the opposite, they prefer to be realistic.

" Obviously, to know how competitive it is going to be with the new rules, we have to wait and see it in the Barcelona tests, the objective can not be other than to improve its results in 2018. We are all working to achieve that goal. goal ", commented Gil de Ferran in statements published by the Spanish newspaper AS.

Ferran also does not get wet with respect to the possible collaboration of Fernando Alonso in the development of the car . It has not yet been specified which day of the tests would be the Spanish to the MCL34, although the latest rumors suggest that it will only half a day .

"We do not know yet, we'll see, I've always said that for me Fernando is one of the best drivers in history, and his Daytona victory underscored that once again, he's an incredible driver," he added.

De Ferran continues with McLaren as his priority, although he has recently embarked on such interesting projects as Extreme E , an initiative devised by the executive director of Formula E, the Spanish Alejandro Agag, of which he will be the main responsible.

"I'm not going to have a role in the day to day life of Extreme E, but obviously I would love to see it succeed, I support Alejandro Agag and his team with the best of my abilities , first, to improve McLaren and then, the rest ", he has expressed to finish.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://soymotor.com/noticias/gil-de-ferran-y-el-mclaren-mcl34-parece-que-va-bien-pero-hay-que-esperar-960011&prev=search