No listing price on sale ad. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

No listing price on sale ad.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Metastable, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #51 ylshih, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    You can choose to believe that, but you would be wrong. ANY advertiser, from the $15 individual subscription up to sponsor, gets the benefit of the same rule.

Posted as a sticky at the top of the ad forums since June 2015.

So immediately before your post DM had deleted a dozen posts regarding the lack of listing price and posted:

So a mod deleted a dozen posts, warned about making any more posts regarding the seller's lack of listing price, and there you went and posted yet another like the previous dozen. That's why you got banned for 1 day (not 2). Nothing "ODD" about getting a ban for blatantly ignoring a mod warning. :rolleyes:

Jaguar36 and dm_n_stuff like this.
  2. neilhellr

neilhellr Karting

May 30, 2004
    Central IL
    Full Name:
    Neil H.
    I had no idea he deleted a dozen posts. I guess that means enough people felt strongly enough about the constant baiting about the fair price without listing the price to say something as well.

I think the ban was ridiculous, but that's okay. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine (about the ban and about seller's posting without a price). I respectfully gave my opinion at that time (and again now) and both times I was attacked from a position of perceived power.

I'm okay with that too - if I want the benefits of this board, I agree to the rules - doesn't mean I have to like them (or agree with all of them).

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #53 ylshih, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Not necessarily, most of the posts were suggesting what they thought the price should be or kibitzing about the 1 or 2 complaints. Those were all contrary to the rule posted above.

So you consider correcting and clarifying the record here an "attack" on you?

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    At least Rob understands who his customer is. Booker doesn't, but Rob does.

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I also dont understand why not list the price esp on something like a 430/355/458 etc which are readily available by the dozens within a 100 miles of any of us.

I want to get as much info as possible in the sale listing so that it's documented and i know what to expect/consider if i decide to call and make an offer.

F355 Fan 82 and Boomhauer like this.
  6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

....... I was not particularly referring to Fchat. Some dealerships..... will never list their price, on any “exotic”. I guess I am not the only one who has strong feelings about this topic. :D

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Call me crazy , but I could care less if the price is listed or not. If I am truly interested I’ll take 5 min out of my day to make a phone call. I really don’t see the issue. Please understand this is only my humble opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. Life is to short to get my panties in a wad over this. Live and let live. Best , Kirk.

Disclaimer: I don’t wear panties. LOL.

8. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Eh, I feel like it sets up a boundary of expectations. I saw a car at Canepa that looked pretty neat. Not a lot out there, especially in the US. I had an idea of what I would pay and gave him a ring. We were at least six figures apart.

If hoarding information wastes time and creates embarrassment, why would that ever be considered a useful tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    To me, it's like looking at a POS on Craigslist when the owner asks a ridiculous price. I pass because getting him down to reality would take too much time.

Ps It's worse in real estate. Amateurs always overprice their property. I'd rather deal with a hard nose pro anyday.

Boomhauer and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    can't even remember when I saw a supra targa last time.

Vin Diesel's best line ever: "Smok'em"

I think this is exactly why the seller did not list the selling price. And the seller knows that we would likely approach the seller if we really want the car, even though there is no listing price. So by not listing the price, it helps filtering out the kind of non-desperate potential buyers and that they can start gouging. I see why they do it, but as a buyer, I of course don't like it. It also says much about the perceived honesty of the seller. I am sure it is a calculated move for the seller including appearing as not being so transparent and hence honest.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    This thread is hysterical. Humans never cease to amaze.

TTR likes this.
  12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Just tell him to stop TYPING EVERYTING IN CAPS!

Shark01 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I agree.
    They're strange bunch, to say the least.

14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    BTW, let's not forget. FerrariChat customers are the sponsors. They are the ones writing the checks. (Does anybody still write checks?) If a sponsor want to dress up in a cowboy suit and parade around with a tiger like ol' Cal Worthington, more power to em. You and I are not FerrariChat's customers.

15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #65 ylshih, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    That's true only in part. Sure a sponsor could play Cal Worthington, but not because he's writing checks, but because it could be amusing and it doesn't hurt anyone else. Look at Roy Cats and Joe Sackey, two sponsors who sometimes behave outrageously and we do cut them off or send them packing for a bit if needed.

There's a dynamic that most users don't understand. The mods are the ones who enforce 90% of the rules, but none of the mods get any financial remuneration from the site activities, so we're not influenced to hold back because a bad actor is also a sponsor. In fact, Rob has specifically authorized us to ban sponsors if we think that needs to happen and some sponsors have in fact been banned. We also allow complaint threads against sponsors all the time and there have been sponsors that have been thoroughly embarrassed by such events and that was just the way it was, no censorship ever considered.

The same holds true for users too. Just as we don't care about a sponsor's status, it doesn't mean much to us either if someone is Rossa, Silver or unsubscribed. Users that complain, "I'm a Rossa member, how dare you ban me" are pleading an ineffectual point. Most of the mods are willing to put time into moderating because we like the site a certain way and are willing to put in the effort to make it happen. Rob is willing to leave most of the moderation to the mods, and lose the occasional sponsor or subscribed user, because it seems to work out this way and the site has grown to his benefit.

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    All true, but... (Don't ya hate that? When someone says ", but" that negates all positive comments before the comma.) I'm sure, at Rob's level, he is feeling pressure to bring on more sponsors. Frankly, I'm surprised there are not more high-end gun and watch sponsors. And, just to be clear, I don't have any problem with that.

17. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    I don't get this post. If someone wants to wear a cheap clown suit and hang ballons everywhere, let him. It's (mostly) a free world, and he can and should do as he pleases. The market will decide.

While I am not one to seek clowns and ballons, I do know there are a gazillion people out there, and if one of them has a car I want, I make the effort, including calling, emailing, waltzing (lets face it, Ferrari's are not fries at McDonalds, and there is always some back and forth), flying half way around the country to see it, PPI-ing, some more waltzing, and all the other things we do to score "that" special F-car.

Reading this thread, I think it is basically an attack on one guy. Lets call it what it is and move on...

arizonaitalian likes this.
  18. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    it appears yellow compass got banned today in a 355 for sale classified, f355fan went down fighting the good fight

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The entire thing is immature and repulsive. These people are professionals in their industry ? Pathetic.

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    yellow compass called the seller a bad name and a few posters tried to point out how yellow compass always gets everyone banned in his threads when they deviate from the subject. The mods came in and deleted all the comments but basically yellow compass was insulting the seller, f355fan and dave rocks pointed out the hypocrisy and the mods just banned everyone.

Jakuzzi and Texas Forever like this.
  21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ban day at slippery rock.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    yeah Yellow Compass isnt an angel, but certain people, like f355fan intentionally troll all of Yellow Compass threads. They both get zero respect from me. They both act like children.

Texas Forever likes this.
  23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    it wasn't yellow compass' thread, someone was selling a 355 in the individual classified section, and yellow compass came in and called the seller a bad word I won't repeat, and the posters just mentioned that if someone did the same in a yellow compass thread there would be hell to pay, yellow compass then went back and edited what he said and then the mods came in and killed christmas banning everyone.

sacrificing f355fan to lose yellow compass is a win to me, give f355fan a Purple Heart for sacrificing his soul

Cotton and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Did Dave get banned to?

25. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You don't want to mess around with Ferrarichat revenue stream. Being a businessman, I can understand the actions taken.

Texas Forever likes this.