Sold - for sale 2009 Maserati Gran Turismo sport | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold for sale 2009 Maserati Gran Turismo sport

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by PATLEW, Jul 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMAC

DMAC Rookie

Aug 24, 2007
    Nice looking car! I seem to recall this car being on eBay some time before the current eBay listing, and if so, I too would suggest: a current set of pictures (if not already mostly from this summer), a cold-startup video highlighting the awesome exhaust sound, which would ideally then flow into a view of the dash lights status while idling. Finally, a nice drive-by video of a 2nd to 3rd shift (at high RPM) should considerably help prospective purchasers better understand the seductive qualities of your car! Just some suggestions as I think videos of these cars help sell them!

2. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Thanks for the input but I have never owned a car that was so hard to move I don't understand it. Car is in excellent shape maintained but it seems every time I lower the price offers come in 10 k lower. I am kicking myself last year for not taking the trade in offer of 45k for a range rover dumb move considering I am asking 35k for the car now unbelievable. Its funny the GTS is worth 20k more if I drive it off the cliff. Well now I have to let selling idle until I get back from Japan at the end of the month. I really want to sell the car outright but I do not want to give it away for nothing. 69k car three years ago new clutch and I am getting offers for 15 to 20k?
    At least I can say the F-Chatters I have communicated with seem to be more realistic thanks for that. If anyone is interested let me know car is located in Charlotte NC and if you want a fantastic deal pm me.

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Patrick, try Cargurus and Maserati Life. It will sell, just give it some more time.

4. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Maseratis and jags should come with a disclaimer from the dealership stating: WARNING you will take a financial beating when you attempt to resell this vehicle!

Dave rocks likes this.
  5. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    you are not kidding but they will be replacing it with a turbo engine in 2019 2020 so the last of the Natural aspirated Maserati GTS

6. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Add is up on Maserati life

Dave rocks likes this.
  7. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    I saw an exact car yesterday in kurashiki japan with a white mate wrap black novotec rims and lowered man it looked good.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I have recently decided that a Maser GT is at the top of my next car shopping list. And, I have to report, somewhat surprisingly (especially after my last two cars with F1 Gransport and Challenge Stradale) that I am ruling out the F1 2009 GTS. I just decided for this "very much a GT" car that I prefer an auto and don't want the potential hassle and cost of the F1 system. I'm posting this to provide one real buyer's thoughts (I had said earlier in this very thread - when I was not thinking of getting a GT - that I might prefer the F1, but when it came down to it, I decided against it).

So...as you have already learned, it takes a particular buyer to come along. I will say I saw one online that wasn't nearly as nice as yours (nor did it have a new clutch) with an asking price of $50k. Yours at $35k (iirc) is certainly low enough to attract a buyer. A sincere GLWS...its an awesome car, but just takes some effort to sell. (reminds me of my CS, it was an awesome car and it took 2 years to sell)

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is my "dream" daily driver. I've wanted one of these for years, but the prices were around $50K. I *just* purchased a 2011 Acura TL Super Handling All Wheel Drive, or I would be all over this!!

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Sell the Acura, Mike :)

11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    These Gt's are also on my radar. Can someone educate me on the gearbox./rarity of this particular car. Do all GT Sports of that time period have the superfast 599 gearbox or is that a separate package that this particular car has and most do not? If it's an additional upgrade to the Sport model, can you tell just by looking? I seem to see several for sale saying the MC shift package and 4.7 engine, but never really mention the superfast gearbox. Thanks

12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    In the US, only 2009 had the 599 super fast F1. 300 examples imported. If you are looking for one, this is the deal of the century. I highly suggest you seriously consider this car.

13. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Thanks for that info!

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  15. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
  16. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Crazy offers for the car that make you go crazy. One in today for 15k really why waste the time sending that to someone.

17. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Hey I'll give you $16k :)

Best of luck with the sale. Its a great car and really under appreciated.

18. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    that would be a sleeping together deal.

19. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    agree, annoying. Remind us what channels/places you have this advertised? This car should sell for what you are asking (more really)...

20. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    fleabay, car guru, and Maserati life. Fleabay is the worst that is where crazy offers come from.

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Top of my list would be Cars.com and AutoTrader (in that order). I would avoid feabay.

BaT would likely get it sold too. With your price where it is, *if* you can get a reserve at/near that price, I'd do that.

22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Question for you: In the fourth pic in Post #1 (the one with the steering wheel), what is the electronic lights "arch" above the "N"?

23. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    rev counter

24. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    New price 34k

25. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Deposit has been received on the car! Ended up a little better than expected 2 people on the car created a little bidding war on it. The new clutch, F1, and full documented history were the big selling points.

Falcon Wing and thecarreaper like this.