Considering selling my F430 | FerrariChat

Considering selling my F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by bocaf430, Aug 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Drove a 570S, thinking of selling my f430 and buying a 570s, car felt so fast and rode well on the street... cabin feels tighter then the F430... the doors are cool, and the car shifts SO fast.... like a race car...anyone here thinking of going tone, or has both f430 and a 570s?

2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I think you should get a 458... same transmission... "like a race car".

bball16 likes this.
  3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    570s was extremely fast and nice but didn’t click any of my emotional buttons. Think it has a lot to do with the sound or should I say lack of. Test drove a 458 right afterward and right when I started her up for me it wasn’t even a decision between the two. End of the day though if you prefer the 570 get it you only live once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck, bball16 and gsworld2014 like this.
  4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    the 570s had the sport exhaust, it was louder then I expected... True it doesn't have the Ferrari sound... but damn it was quick.... could drive it everyday...couldn't drive the F430 everyday.... the McLaren reminded me of my 996tt ... fast but comfortable,,, I admit it misses the exotic feel and sound

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I'd do it in a heartbeat, unless the F430 is a manual.

6. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    nope my F430 is a 2005 F1 spider

7. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Don’t do it!! Lol. 570 def a nice car but feels too disconnected for me. I drove It a few times...

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I guess the question now is when to get into a 570S.

I'm no fortune teller but I have a feeling the prices will continue to soften in the coming months & year. As more time passes, I'm also getting increasingly worried about my 600LT order...just look at the 675LT prices, owners lost their shirts, pants and then some buying those things new...I guess I'm just a poo-c and not rich enough because it's been worrying me A LOT.

9. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My personal opinion is that the 570s is an incredible car. It has a better and tighter chassis than the 458. It feels smaller, faster and more nimble. It’s like an extension of your body.
    However, I like the fit and finish/ interior of the Ferrari, the looks of the Ferrari, and of course the sound of the Ferrari. Another big bonus is that the club events on Long Island are great with the Ferrari and basically non existent for Mclaren. For those reasons, I chose to purchase the 458 this time around. I have to admit I came REALLY lose to buying the Mclaren instead!
    My friend (who already has a Ferrari) was looking to either get a 458 or a 570 also. We went to test drive both, back to back within a few hrs. He agreed with all my statements above.........
    He’s looking for a 570s now.
    I guess it comes down to what you are looking for in the car. Neither is a bad choice. These are great problems to have.

gsworld2014 likes this.
  10. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I own a 570s and an F430 6mt. 570s is a great modern supercar. No doubt the 458 has easier ingress and egress, better exhaust note, not turbo lag, and the benefit of Ferrari building street cars for decades. Putting the sound and turbo lag aside, I found the 570s more engaging and much less expensive to purchase new. McLarenn is catching up with each new model on retail experience (initial delivery quality) and the dealer I use is exceptional. So, pros and cons to both. I did not sell the 430 as they are very different cars (and luckily I can afford both). As ferrari stopped building stick shifts, I believe it is tha Last and finest of the mid engine analog experience. In the case of the 570 and 458 they will eventually just be used cars replaced by newer cars that offer an improvement in almost every category v a comparison of an F430 with a stick (I realize your original question related to F1). My two cents. Sorry I don’t have a good perspective relative to an F430 F1 although I suspect for me I would prefer the 570. I have been driving stick shift for 40 years and been a heal and toe guy most of that time thinking I would never go to a transmission that did not come with three pedals and/or did shifting for me. I am amazed at how good the McLaren DCT is and how the computer frequently nails the downshifts perfectly based on braking and speed. My two cents. Even with all that, I am certain there is a more modern ferrari in my future at some point.

808Forza and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Those doors get old quick, I almost bought a 570GT, but if you have ever sat for 2 hours waiting for someone to move their car because you did not have enough room to open your cool doors, you will realize they are not that cool. I guess I am finally growing up (a bit) since my next Ferrari will be a F12. Those mid engine V8 screamers were fun but it is time for a change. I think the 570 is a great car, though comparing it to a 430 is a little unfair. I would rather have an AMG GTS (I bought one), for my needs it is a better all around car.

12. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    The door issue... really? I thought the doors would be ok in a tight space... regular door you still have to open outward enough to get into the car, so the upright doors take up more room?

13. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Why is he going with the 570s? I know what your saying about the Ferrari sound etc. I guess I am just a bit lazy? Meaning I had a 996TT tiptronic and a Gallardo stick at the same time, I found myself more comfortable in the tiptronic... meaning if I didn't want to shift it...it was an automatic... The F430 in auto... a joke...cant even use it, its terrible.... so with the 570s if I wanted to leave it auto.. I know it still works perfectly... Granted I do think the Ferrari feels more exotic inside and out, sounds better... but knowing the 570s has the front end lift can be driven everyday if needed.... It might be the better choice for me... I don't even use my F430 that often for some strange reason I am thinking I would use the 570s more... time will tell... ONE big thing I don't like about McLaren is you need to go to the dealer for anything needed....where with my Ferrari I use independent repair shops

timjen88 likes this.
  14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    To add to this perspective...think of the 570S as a leap into equal 488 GTB performance at 50+% off.

15. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    570 performance is really good, as all McLaren. As long as you are in warranty, you are good.

Couple of friends have out of warranty mp12c. Explain McLaren maintenance cost to Ferrari owners is like explaining Ferrari maintenance cost to Toyota owners.

16. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    they say the 570s is less maintenance issues then the MP12c

17. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I agree. MP-12c was first model for a manufacturer that essentially is new to retail on a broad scale with a brand new dealer network. 570s is a very different animal than an MP12c and thus far looking at the McLaren forum, appears ownership experience improves materially with every model.

18. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Basically he has a Ferrari already (along with many other cars). He's the type that likes variety. And the bottom line is that the 570s is a better bang for the buck. He's looking at 2012 458's with 12,000 miles for about &170k, or 2016-17 570S with under 2,000 miles for the same price.

19. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Mclaren was still teething / going through growing pains with the MP12C, a lot of process, componentry and costs have been significantly streamlined since. If you think about it, it's mighty impressive how much progress they've made in 7 years. What a time to be a driver!

up4speed likes this.
  20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I own a 430 Spider (gated) and am reviewing a 570S which I picked up at the factory last week (I am a magazine editor).

The 570S is a better car by miles. Faster, quicker steering, better handling, better ride, good Auto mode, the list goes on, as it should, for a car that's 13 years newer. But I prefer my 430 and wouldn't swap it. For excitement, sense of occasion, thrill and fun, the Ferrari is better - for all those subjective things. I also prefer the interior. And the engine notes just can't be compared, the 570 sounds dull.

The 570 is also noisier on the highway, which surprised me.

Attached Files:

808Forza likes this.
  21. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    SO if you could only have one.... you would stay with the F430... interesting

22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    It's very subjective. I am sure that if you asked 20 570 owners if they would prefer a 430 they would all say no..partly it's a gated manual thing for me. I would say that if you were tracking the car a lot, or if your only drive was a perfect rural road with twists and no traffic or police, where you could drive the cars at full pelt all the time, you'd also certainly take the 570.

But in the real world, the Ferrari has more character. For me..

808Forza likes this.