Totaled 2009 Ferrari California- Insurance Questions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Totaled 2009 Ferrari California- Insurance Questions

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by MrFancyPants, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eggman

Eggman Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Full Name:
    Mr. P
    Hey @MrFancyPants . I was in a similar position late last year. A fire claimed my house, two cars and everything I own in the Santa Rosa fires late last year. My own insurance company wanted to pay me thousands and thousands less for one of my cars. Fortunately, I found these guys:

https://www.theautoappraiser.com/why-choose-taa-

They were insanely knowledgeable and professional. I went to arbitration and they represented. They got absolute top dollar for my car as the insurance company had nowhere to run. The market research, write up packet and presentation were top notch. I strongly recommend them. Any Qs just PM or post. (I am not affiliated with them so this is just a glowing consumer review)

Good luck in your efforts.

anunakki and daytona355 like this.
  2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Hope you have moved more towards a good result; but as others have said, get copies of all the equivalent cars on the market at the moment; be fair and take the average price. That is what they should pay you. If that fails and independent appraiser sounds like a good idea.

Don't get fooled by the BS excuse of advertised price vs sale price, as this is dependant upon the negotiating ability of the buyer and the desperation of the seller; besides there are not enough cars for sale to get a meaningful mean from those numbers, stick hard and fast to advertised price.

Good luck.

3. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    My question is if you were hit and the other guy was at fault, you should not be dealing with their insurance company. Your insurance company should be working on your behalf. I spent many years as an independent insurance "expert" witness their name for it. In my experience as the insured you should employ legal representation especially in the higher value arena.

It is a known fact the insurance companies will add from 20% to 1/3 more to a claim just to keep it from dragging out and a potential court case, where they rarely ever win. If the professional adjuster is dealing with the insured directly they will always low ball you and give you many reasons why. These adjusters are rated on how much they save not how much they pay out. Add "lawyer" to your conversation with the adjuster and most times your adjuster will have to pass the claim off to a senior adjuster with higher pay out limits. A lawyer does not cost, it actually will pay you in a much higher settlement. Have your lawyer write a letter on your behalf with all the appropriate details then sit back and wait, while they negotiate. Adjusters are also rated by how quickly they can clear claims off their desk so they want to settle and get on with the next claim..

Once your lawyer takes over tell him to negotiate a pay off and a buy back number and never never pay their buy back number its always high. Do your do diligence and see what your yr and models are bringing in salvage.Give your lawyer as much ammunition as you can that will keep your legal costs down. As a base rule you are entitled to any expenses from 6 months prior to the accident. Over six months is a bit more problematic. You can go on line and check copart, and other salvage pools for salvage sale numbers. Post here who has bought back their California under similar circumstances.

One thing to remember about insurance companies, they are in business to make a profit not to pay claims.

just sayin'

tr0768

arizonaitalian likes this.