New Owner 1992 348 TB | FerrariChat

New Owner 1992 348 TB

Discussion in '348/355' started by barada, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Well after looking off and on for close to 20 years I finally pulled the trigger on my first Ferrari. I had looked at 348's and 355's off and on since about 2000. When I joined here I was actively trying to buy one but never could land one. Obviously the prices have went up but I was able to land one along the lines I wanted. I wanted Red, a TB and more as I searched a 348. I graduated High School in 92 and this was the car of my youth.I have had a ton of Porsches, BMW's and Mercedes but the Ferrari always seemed like it was never going to work out. I had a really cool Alfa GTV that was the poor mans Ferrari for a while and like the rest sold it. Ironically some of those sell for more than the real thing nowadays. At any rate I was going to wait as I have a real estate deal to close in a couple weeks but this one seemed to be the right match so I drove up and checked it out and we were able to make a deal. Bought from Gil on these boards. I also grabbed some Starfish wheels from him to be able to change it up a little when I want and go back stock as well. Thanks really to all as I have learned so much lurking all these years.

Phillip

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf, Nader, vinny and 7 others like this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Congratulations! She's a beauty!

barada likes this.
  3. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Looks fantastic enjoy DRIVING that beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barada likes this.
  4. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Awesome, tb is the way to go. Mine is a 92 as well. Welcome!

barada likes this.
  5. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Wow very, very nice...I'm jealous. I got rid of my beloved 328 and bought a 92 348 TS last year and I absolutely love it. Ice Cold Air Conditioning which is a necessity down here in Florida. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it? I always like to have real, tangible examples of where the market is. People on this forum get all bent out of shape and for some reason never want to talk about sales prices...which I never understood. I bought mine for $48950 a year ago.

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Congratulations!! :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. Berning

Berning Karting

Apr 14, 2016
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Full Name:
    Kevin Berning
    Congratulations. beautiful car. Welcome to 348 ownership.

8. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Great car! You and I are kind of similar with cars. I'm just a few years older than you, and I also have an air-cooled 911, and a 69 Alfa. No Mercedes, but I do have an e30 BMW.

Welcome to the club, enjoy it!

barada likes this.
  9. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I graduated HS in 1992 as well and the 348 is still my favorite car! Congratulations! I had a 1994 348 Spider I bought in 2013 with 7,800 miles for $38,000 at a Ferrari dealer. Man, I wish I could have kept that car. I have a Mondial now, which I love as well. Yours looks perfect, enjoy!!!!!!!!!

barada likes this.
  10. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Thank you all for the kind words. It has been driven every day since I bought it so far. I will be on the road a good bit coming up so figure I would enjoy the time home with it and get to know it well.
    Here is a pic of the Car collection before I broke it up a few years ago.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

boxcarracer likes this.
  11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations, and welcome

12. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I know this (Starfish on 348's) is frowned upon but the tires while in great shape and no tread wear on them, are date coded 2008 on the factory wheels. While at Gil's he had another set of Starfish and since I was there I figured it would be rare if I ever was able to pick up a set without shipping so I bought them.I actually had a full tool kit books keys and spare wheels before ever officially owning the car. The car had some pretty good size spacers throwing the wheel out to the edge already in the back so I can live with the offset. Definitely a huge difference in weight going from the factory ones to the 360's. I still have the others so I can go back and forth.
    It actually feels a little more nimble with this set up on it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Your 348 looks great. It would be cool to find the speedline challenge wheels for it. I also noticed the Kevin Staab on the garage wall. One of my favorite boards I've ever had.

barada likes this.
  14. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Beautiful!!

barada likes this.
  15. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Staab is easily my Favorite, I have another not on display they are very hard to find nowadays. You would think I would have trimmed the shrubs before taking a pic!

crinoid likes this.
  16. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Welcome to the 348 Brotherhood.

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Staab and Jeremy Klien. Those where my faves man. So cool. Trim the shrubs staab style with a pirate sword. The 348 TB is sweet man. Congrats. That Alfa looks totally rad. What did you sell it for, if I may ask...?

18. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    This is painful to type but 20K. It would have been more cool if someone had not painted it red, it was originally Nepal blue with red interior. Sold it several years ago, actually sold it and the busses within 2 months. Bought some land and another house so they have done well.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    OMG. Ok sorry to make you type it. That’s a good deal for the buyer. It’s cool to pay it forward sometimes. I dig those buses too.