So Who Has Been Here the Longest - Without Ever Owning a Ferrari? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

So Who Has Been Here the Longest - Without Ever Owning a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Shark01, Mar 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

Absolutely, I am sure that is an amazing experience. Unless I win the Powerball, it is very unlikely that something like that will ever be an option for me.

I don't have much interest in a road car with paddle shifts, so that severely cuts down on models I would someday be interested in.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Try to make ur dreams come true! Life really is too short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

///Mike, dallastide and tomc like this.
  3. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Going on 14years and 15 weeks, hoping one day to be an owner, sooner that later. :)
    I've been lurking and learning a lot on this forum. recently been on the forum quite often, I've got the itch. LOL..

anunakki and dallastide like this.
  4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The only form of social media I can tolerate is car forums, and I belong to a lot of them, but then again I have owned a lot of different cars. There are different types of people of the Mini forum then on here, and it gives my the chance to see how people from different walks of life think and relate. I only recently began to become social (other than going to dinner), and I found I was not too bad at small talk, but I like talking about cars, and this November will be my 15th year on here.

SeaNile, Ducman491 and MalcQV like this.
  5. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I'm at 8 years now. First was looking at a 456 then. Was gonna get an FF last year, but I went with a Tesla P100D instead. Still thinking I'll get a V8 car at some point.

6. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was on the old forums before they switched to vBulletin in 2003 as well but not sure how long. I didn't sign up to the new (at the time) forum for a while after it went live. No Ferrari but driving a R34 GT-R.

7. Michael W210

Michael W210 Rookie

Mar 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Michael Kasten
    Same. Joined apparently in 2007, while in college. Probably registered so I could view/screenshot images. Met RufMD in 2008 as a first year medical student. Rode in the 360CS and the Carrera GT in a couple of memorable weekends. Sat in THAT F50. 08-12 Medical School, 12-17 General Surgery, 17-20 Cardiac Surgery. I wont jump straight to F car, but probably go Porsche upon getting a job and then hope for F car by 2023 or so. At that point, 16 years on the internet. I got a book just called "Ferrari" in junior high that topped out with the F50/355 that started the obsession, so close to 20 years for that.

I haven't owned the W210 in my name in almost 10 years. The internet makes you feel old. So does Medical training.

96redLT4 likes this.
  8. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton

599!

9. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Im not sure everyones situation. I joined fchat at 15 or 16 im 23 now graduated college a year early at 22. Im 23 now, always wanted to get a 400i when they were 30k at 18. Thought it would be a good car an investment. Money wise no one backed me, so 5 years later two years out of college I car searched. My dad told me with the income I have had for two years out of college just do it. A week later bought a Maserati. 0 down 3% interest on it, 400 a month. Car opens doors for me everyday at my job and on the personal side. I can't say a 100k purchase is rewarding financially and personally, but 30k did both for me. It brought in more than enough to pay for it two times over. An on the personal side, well imagination is key.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've met several Fchatters over the years and they've all been great. I met Simon^2 back in 2006 and got to ride in his F40 a few times and it was tons of fun. A few years later I met VRsurgeon in Charleston and he gave me a tour of the town after a residency interview in his 360, which was also lots of fun. :)

CT surgery is pretty cool. It was my favorite rotation in med school, but it was too stressful for me to consider. I'm in radiology so the closest I get now is interpreting stress tests and PET viabilty cardiac studies for pts under CABG consideration. I've talked to SLM (fchatter in Missouri) a few times over the phone when I was in med school and he's a CT surgeon. Really nice guy as are the rest.

The end is close, though.

11. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I joined a little over 14 years ago. I enjoyed reading about Italian cars and soon after joining, I purchased a wonderful little Italian car when Maserati came back to the US. We still have it, our 2002 Maserati Snyder Cambiocorsa. Drove it today, as a matter of fact.

The car moved with us from Ohio to Michigan, and finally to Florida.

I’ve been fortunate in that i’ve met a number of F-Chatters, some at car shows, and some while traveling. One memorable occasion was a BBQ in Shanghai with the entire membership of the Shanghai Expats Ferrari Club, or whatever name those three miscreants used to describe their gatherings. ;);)

12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I joined 13 years ago this month. Still not a Ferrari owner. I almost pulled the trigger on a Ferrari Mondial Coupe from Lamborghini Chicago, but the maintenance receipts frightened me. I purchased a Porsche 968 Cabriolet instead.

This is the only web sight I've ever paid for.

Joe

13. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey guys, I just fulfilled a life long dream today. Picked up a F430. I'm so excited. It drives incredible. Can't believe I'm a Ferrari owner.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NYC Fred, 96redLT4, ryalex and 8 others like this.
  14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Look if an Autistic guy with an 8th grade education who was at one point homeless living on the streets begging for food can own 466 cars, write 4 novels, and have the most amazing woman in the world by his side, well you can all make your dreams come true. I was told most of my life what I could not do, well I did it all because I don't know what give up means, I never stop till I get to where I want to be. You only get one chance at life, make it count!

NYC Fred, ryalex, Wade and 7 others like this.
  15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Oh, sorry congrats Paul you enjoy every mile!

PKIM likes this.
  16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I'm assuming that's you. Either way that is fantastic story. I think a film is in order :D

LARRYH and paulchua like this.
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Chas, FarmerDave... ? :)

anunakki likes this.
  18. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Carbon?

anunakki likes this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think Chas and Dave around longer than Dan. :D

ryalex and GatorFL like this.
  20. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I saw him posting again....

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yep, but I think he started after some others.

22. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Will be 15 years in November.

No Ferraris so far, but have enjoyed 3 P-cars.

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Yes it is, and maybe one day I'll write about my life, I cant remember how many times I've been ask to.

LARRYH and G. Pepper like this.
  24. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I've been on F-Chat officially for almost ten years, but a lurker for many years before that. Finally got my first Ferrari, a 360, after wanting one for 32 years! It was a scary leap of faith and financial commitment, but I realized that life is short, and I didn't want to live the rest of my life wondering what it would have been like. My desire for a Ferrari was a crazy obsession that consumed my whole life and I'm so thankful I finally got to experience it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I knew I had to own one before I died.

MalcQV, tomc, rob lay and 1 other person like this.
  25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I bet the years as roadie for The Dead would be quite interesting. I'm pretty sure I saw you on stage at least once in Houston around 1976.