Testarossa Price Trends | Page 37 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    a testarossa would be a cheap and nice car when you can work on it by yourself and not have to go to an official garage. and when you fixed some you have much more joy again driving it and you get more and more knowledge about your car. and then remember how much money you saved and the driving compensated you for your work. it is like when you have been young and riding your small moped and something was broken what you repaired then. a tr is never and was never a perfect car, but there are no perfect cars on the market, all are compromises. and as shamile was writing: on a TR you can work by yourself and need no dealer computer.

crinoid, MGJBLKTR, xplodee and 2 others like this.
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    This is how I’m attempting to do it. These cars come from an era where they arent hard to fix. I love that.

crinoid likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Price doesn't matter if it's exactly what you wanted. And there's nothing wrong in buying the best. Usually, that's the cheapest way in the long run.

"There's no such thing as a cheap Ferrari"

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love to see pics have you taken it out on a nice drive yet

MGJBLKTR likes this.
  5. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I'm having the windows tinted, a full paint correction and ceramic detail done next week and will put the set of 512 TR wheels and tires on it then take some nice photo's and post them.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  6. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I couldn't agree more.

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    nice i have a set of 512 m wheels i had on my tr used spacers and lug nuts from ricambi works great now has the orig wheels on

8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Well guys I think I just finalized my trade for a 599 GTB. I defintely did not do well on the TR trade and can say that the market is still soft, but at least I am getting out and into something that excites me. Tomorrow morning I am driving the TR 100 miles down to San Diego. Never drove it that far and I hope it makes it. Here is the replacement.

9. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Nice corvette!

....sorry, had to ;) lol

Seriously, congrats. You have to go with what excites you and makes you happy.

My head tells me to buy a reliable 458 spyder but my heart still wants to drive overly expensive maintenance V12 Lamborghini Roadsters lol

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Shamile I love your style. I actually had a 458 on hold, but it was the V12 that kept calling to me. This thing is "Ferrari Approved" and they just put in a new clutch, so I hope it is more reliable than the TR... but who knows. Buying a warranty for it just in case. Maybe I can put a chevy bow tie on the backend

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shamile like this.
  11. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Congrats! That looks wicked!

ridege55 likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I am sorry ur tr wasn’t reliable... i dont know if it was bad luck, lack of due diligence or whatever that was but i found out the tr really reliable in my experience; i guess mine had lots of ownership records throughout its life and if it didn’t i probably would have been needing to catch up on maintenance like it seemed it was the case for yours.

Beautiful 599 though! I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridege55 and Shamile like this.
  13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    crinoid and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I haven't yet, still need to get the title and license plate.

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    have a safe and fun drive tr really feel best on open roads and rpms taken all the way to redline.sucks to hear you didnt have a great exprience best of luck with your new v12

16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    buying at auctions with no service records and buying at nats prices 80s can sometimes lead to large repair bills to catch up

VColin and Shamile like this.
  17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Any update

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I think u are mistaken in what i am saying or recommending. I bought mine for sub 100k 24k miles at ferrari and never had any major issues or spending. Ferrari had just done a 12k service on mine.U just have to now how to negotiate&be patient;)
    As i said many times a good tr is 90-100k. Very low mileage or great color combo like urs can fetch 120k cuttently in 2018.
    U can get them at 80 but i never recommended those cars let’s be clear on that.

19. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for asking!

It was a little of a nightmare day. They put in a new battery the night before. When I got there, they could not clear the error codes to smog the car. They had to drive it certain number of miles then let the car cool down to do a cold start and idle for 10 minutes. Apparently this has to be done several times and there were not enough hours in the day. I waited until 5pm and it still read errors. Anyways they agreed to let me go with the car and I am trying to get it smogged today.

All that aside, I drove it 100 miles to get home. The 599 is amazing, and the torque and HP seem endless. I totally made the right decision and the beating I took on the TR seems like a distant memory. Also, they had just put in a new clutch and tires to certify the 599. That helped ease the beating.

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Congrats!

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Shamile! I think I will always have to have a 12 cylinder in the mix. I have always wanted a 458, but so glad I got the 599. You will laugh but “corvette” was in my mind as I was driving down. After I saw it, heard it, and drove it, I had to have it.

22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Lol giving u a hard time relax and u undervalued my tr

23. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Congrats enjoy ur new toy in good health. Any drivng concerns with tr did u take it close toredline for last drive. 599 is a beast

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Try to sell it to see the offers u get;) i see ur car when it was for sale at ferrari, what was it 149?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  25. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Not interested in selling a same color combo older year no classiche and luggage covers sold for much more than 120k short tome ago