GTS sun visor end caps | FerrariChat

GTS sun visor end caps

Discussion in '206/246' started by mar3kl, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just noticed one of the clear plastic end caps on my roller shade sun visor is missing. I was thinking about replacing it with a clear vinyl screw-thread protector of the right diameter but I can't find one anywhere. Any bright ideas for a solution that looks more or less correct?

2. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Search Google for clear (transparent) suction cups - there are plenty available, I just don't remember the correct diameter

3. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have the suction cups, what I’m looking fo are the clear end pieces that slide over the rod at one end of the roller blind. It looks like a small enough screw thread protector would work, but I haven’t been able to find them in clear.

4. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They aren’t, although maybe I could cut the flange down to fit. I suspect 8mm is too wide though.

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  6. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That looks exactly right. I wonder what a “headband end” is though - half the battle with these sorts of treasure hunts is finding the right search terms.

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    The seller is based in Australia so I suspect it is literally meant for metal bands to hold surfers hair back etc. It is the exact same item fitted to my original GTS visors though and is just a universal clear rubber end cap. Mine have yellowed with age but would have been clear when new I suspect.