Cleaning up my diff install | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cleaning up my diff install

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Nov 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
    "specked"- I poorly abbreviated "specified";)

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    ahhh !!! ok thx, now I understand ;)

3. Paul Colville-Nash

May 18, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul Colville-Nash
    #53 Paul Colville-Nash, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    I agree with all the above. My struggle always been getting first and having to start in second! Seems getting the shift forks set up is more important than the synchros. Conversation with Scott who originated this excellent thread supports this. His view is following the manual never gets this quite right so it is the experience of our predecessors unlocking the mysteries of how to get these gearboxes set up better which helps all of us.
    Has anyone written up a detailed thread on setup of the shift rods/forks? Romano - I think you know a few tricks which could be handy to pass on as you have above - any further insights to offer?

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  5. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    WTF??? This is really weird. I haven't been on the site in months and I just happen to log in today and see this thread revived from 3 years ago. It's my thread! How did it get hijacked?!?!?

Anyway, I don't really care. The people reading this are probably the only ones on this site I really care about anyway. But please, start your own thread.

So...I'm gonna hijack this mofo back! Guess what?? I went to the dark side. Again. Here it is! I LOVE THIS CAR!!! Anybody wanna buy a TR with a brand new diff?? :)

I'm back on the mainland so watch out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hey scott
    you may be lucky that this thread was going to live again
    so you like to sell your testarossa? not anymore fun with the car?
    you may not compare the italian technic with the US technic - totally different. but I prefer the italian style as you know very well :)

7. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
  8. Paul Colville-Nash

May 18, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul Colville-Nash
    Hi Scott
    My bad, newbie error but this took on a life of its own! Hope you’ve taken this as the massive compliment intended! I’ll split.
    Paul

9. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was just razzin ya Paul.
    Don't worry about it.
    It is always best to start a new thread instead of causing someone elses to make a left turn on the topic they intended. But I don't really care. I'm not an etiquette whore.

10. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nah! I don't think I would ever really sell it. It's way too unique compared to the Vette. Although the Vette is the best "belly-button" car I've ever owned, you can't beat the dumbfounded looks on millenials faces when they see the TR.

11. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice Ludwig! Let me ask you if you feel the same as I do.

I worked for GM as a line tech in the 80's. Yes it was the dark ages of automotive. I HATED GM. Their design looked like everything was done as an afterthought. I have held that hate until the LS engine came out. I started to take note. But when I bought the C6 I had the same reaction. It was a fun car, handled well, and it was blistering fast. But it was still plastic, cheap, and antiquated. The C7 changed all that. I honestly feel that this car is in line with supercars 5 to 6 times the price. They really stepped up their game with this one.

12. Paul Colville-Nash

May 18, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Paul Colville-Nash
    Scott thumbs up as emoji upload failure!
    Ludwig - I need to stop walking to work
    I was thinking an LS of some ilk for my Cobra kitcar - it’s got a 454 Chevy in it at the moment which started life in a boat of mine but now needs major work.
    New gearbox thread here as I continue my journey!
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/testarossa-gearbox-rebuild.582625/

13. Ludwig

Ludwig Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2006
    Redmond WA
    Full Name:
    Ludwig Allegra
    Yes- the c7 basically put corvette in a very competitive position- I traded my c6 z06 which was pretty outrageous but the build was cheap-plastic etc. The c7 stingray totally changed this- the interior is comparable with many vehicles at 3-4x the price range. the handling and performance are spectacular- I often show 1g or better on a highway entrance ramp:). For 80k or so simply unbeatable.