Blue/Blue 1986 Mondial 3.2 Coupe on Ebay now... | FerrariChat

Blue/Blue 1986 Mondial 3.2 Coupe on Ebay now...

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ferrariguyma, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariguyma

ferrariguyma Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Correct. This belonged to Billh1963 if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what the extent of the damage was.

The current seller has had it for sale at this price for quite awhile on Hemmings and multiple other sites. It sounds like they've done some work to it since it was in Bill's ownership.

2cam

3. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hey Mike,

Will have to catch up w/ you sometime. I thought you saw this car in person when it was in LA? I actually talked to Scaledetails a bit about this car. Funny enough he remarked that he should have gone after it when BillH listed here on f-chat. I think he had it up for 6 months or something, both of his 3.2 coupes in fact. All I remember is him remarking that a dealer got it from him at a really low price. I’m guessing 22-25k. Let’s see if he chimes in. Yes; there was some story re a “signature” event that showed up on Carfax.

4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Sorry your comment on the BAT auction that just ended. Thought you were a coupe guy. A great price for the buyer.

5. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    ***** SAW your comment......

6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Yeah, that was kind of a bummer. It was the first bid that I placed on BaT and apparently our CC company ID'd the transaction as out of our typical transaction norms and denied it. Behavioral analytics in fraud prevention solutions can cut both ways. It's just a lesson to not wait until the last seconds of an auction to place your first bid.

I am a Coupe guy, but that car was nice enough and local enough that it made sense. The price definitely seemed reasonable. Plus, the kids would probably enjoy riding around in a convertible more than a Coupe. ;)

7. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    What are/were your thoughts on the blue 3.2? You saw it/visited it right? Love that color combo!! Will be sending you a pm in the next couple of days, hope all is well.

8. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    There's always a story...........It really wasn't totaled. Even though I am the 4th owner and have no idea what happened 20 years ago, it has to be a vin problem.

The truth always comes out.

9. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    This car is parked two spots down from my 400i in a place vintage cars are stashed underground in LA. It's pretty clean/in very good shape. I've also seen it in the bays at GTO Engineering, so quality wrenchers are working on it. Cleaned up for sure since the owner bought it.

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Well, I am the one that pulled the trigger on this car. I had it on my radar for months, finally went over to see/buy it. I honestly didn't think it would look this good in person and I was prepared to walk away, but when I saw it, my mouth dropped and I instantly wondered what in the world caused it to be on the market this long? Did anyone not see it? Is it the blue? I personally have always wanted a blue coupe, and settled twice for a blue cabriolet, and this one having a tainted past made me a little hesitant, but life is short, enjoy the moment, and this was the moment for me. As the sun was setting on that late evening in Beverly Hills, the gorgeous blue paint was simply talking to me.
    The owner took great care of this Mondial, his personal collection was an affirmation that he was a serious owner/caregiver and I trusted handing over the cash without even a test drive. Speaking of drive, the drive home back to Las Vegas was as good as it gets, the sunroof open, the sound, the usual looks from others thinking what I was thinking, a non-red classy Ferrari is a nice change. I am glad to be back in the game, this one is quite special and I am falling in love with it as she is, no need for any added exhaust or wheels, I will leave this one alone and make it my daily driver.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Roward7, davemqv, Jeka and 2 others like this.
  11. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Congratulations - what a beauty. I bought a 3.2 Coupe two weeks ago and have had a great experience so far.

Scaledetails likes this.
  12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you Mark,
    We have a lot in common, I love that you drove yours back and got to know it all along the way. These cars are such a pleasure for the money, and they give back ten fold.

13. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Welcome back Stephane!

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you Don!! Feels great!!

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Wow the sunroof even works! Congrats and enjoy that beautiful machine.

16. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Congrats on the car! Glad that you've given it a new home! I looked at the car and was impressed with the condition. However, the mileage and past history scared me away at the asking price which the seller wasn't willing to come down on at the time.

2cam

17. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you, I also had a little hesitation with the history, but when I weigh the rarity factor, condition, etc, the past is not important to me. The mileage however I like, I prefer them well sorted that way.
    Yes, that is the same car on consignment in Illinois, I guess that dealer offered the seller listing it on their site. Probably should tell them it is sold. LOL.

18. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Welcome back Stephane!! You may remember we talked about this car last year I believe, you said then that you regretted not making an offer for her when Bill listed her for sale here on f-chat. And a year later she’s yours. Congratulations!!

Temple

19. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congrats Stephane!

20. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you Dave!

That's right! I remember that. I am so happy I was able to finally get that blue coupe. After having such seller's remorse for letting my red 3.2 go last year, this was the perfect timing.
    By the way, did you not check this one out? I thought you were still in the market.

21. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I will soon be under contract for another 3.2 coupe. Hopefully in 6 months I will be her proud (new) owner. In any case welcome back/congratulations!! I hope you keep this one; I really love the blue-on-blue!! I think a great choice for #20(!!). Enjoy!!

22. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Haha!! Yes; the 3.2 coupe from Petaluma!! That one I did see/visit. She looked to be in fantastic shape. I spoke to a couple of active Mondial f-chatters specifically about that particular car at the time telling them that they should move on it. I think you may have been one of them(?). In any case we will have to get together with our two 3.2 coupes sometime in Vegas- I think you will be particularly pleased with my Mondi of choice.

Temple

23. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Fantastic. That would be great!

Temple likes this.