Glickenhaus' SCGs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus' SCGs

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I would absolutely love to own an SCG 003S or SCG 004S. Both are bit out of my price-range, unfortunately.

How would you pick between the two if you could only have one? The outright performance of the 003S or the central driving position of the 004S? I might actually lean towards the latter.

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #27 Igor Ound, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Frankly if I were him I’d just build p4/5 replicas all day long. That’s still my favourite by far. And with an highly tuned Maserati engine possibly given Ferrari’s aren’t available.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There'll only ever be one P4/5. Like him, I'd keep it a 1-of-1.

All the best,
    Andrew.

NürScud and Igor Ound like this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    "The design team consists of former Pininfarina designer Lowie Vermeersch (he - and a team including Jason Castriota - did the awesome Maserati Birdcage 75th anniversary concept) and Goran Popovic (the man who squiggled the timelessly elegant 360 Modena)."

Learn something new every day. Very cool labor of love from Jim.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  6. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    I'm with the 'side pipes are awful' crowd, but the idea of a side mounted exhaust behind the door is good. Not sure about the overall styling either.

7. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    After pinnacle cars such as P3/4 and P4/5, the SCG003 as a self-branded, street-legal endurance racer is an admirable move. The Baja boot version, as long as raced in high-level, off-road races like Dakar/Baja would be cool, too. OTOH, I have yet to appreciate the focus of the other street cars projects.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Someone help me fill in the gaps here. I thought the car was supposed to have a Honda V6 and they’re saying it has a BMW V8 ....?

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Looks like some of Tom Meade's drawings.

10. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    #35 4CamGT, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I did a quick subjective overlay sketch. Gave it a bit more “dash to axle”, pushed the motor more rearwards/front mid-mount, a bit more surface/directional form to the fenders, brought the wheels up into the body (lower CG), more rake and curvature to the windshield, rounded/lowered the roof, sculpted rear, rear exiting exhaust with ventilated side sills, side fill.....

Freeman

El Wayne, peterp, willrace and 2 others like this.
  11. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The 003CS has a racing Honda V6. The S which is the pure street version has the BMW V8.

BJK, G. Pepper and crinoid like this.
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Yeah, street car 003S has no race class rules and regulations to adhere to like the CS does, so, the sky (and your wallet) are the only limits.

13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You have turned a Bill Thomas Cheetah into a Viper... :(

jm2 and Ryan S. like this.
  15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Posted on his FB page: (full plate or what? :) )
    State of The State
    Things at SCG/Glickenhaus are moving along nicely.
    We really enjoyed driving Modulo and look forward to putting thousands of miles on her. Her next Concours will be Villa d'Este and then on to the inaugural Concours in Monaco.
    We are completely sold out of 2019 Glickenhaus Boots and will have three race versions racing the 2019 Baja 1000 and two customer 2DR Boots luxury touring along side. In 2020 we will race the Baja 1000 again and also hope to race and luxury tour Paris to Dakar. Those spots will sell out soon so if you're interested please contact us.
    We will soon be announcing a major OEM Tire deal for all of our Road and Race Glickenhaus Vehicles.
    We have set a Glickenhaus Dealer in Florida and will soon lock one in NYC. We're hopeful that as our production expands to 325 vehicles per year we'll add a few more.
    We are locking up to five build slots for 2019 Glickenhaus 003S. We are humbled by Road and Track and Top Gears driving impressions of her.
    Glickenhaus 004's engineering is moving along nicely and we look forward to producing the first customer cars which are also sold out for 2019/most of 2020. We plan to be racing 004C in 2020 as a GT3 and offering it and full support to several customer teams.
    Glickenhaus 006's engineering is beginning and we look forward to delivering customer cars and racing a GT4 version that will also be available to customers in 2020.
    Our Glickenhaus LMP1 007 program is moving along and we hope to have more to talk about soon.
    We are about to close on a new factory that will enable us to reach our production goals over the next few years.
    We are finishing up the restoration of our Lola which is also SCG 001 and look forward to having her back on the road.
    Man plans, God laughs but we remain hopeful and quite happy.

https://www.facebook.com/ScuderiaCameronGlickenhaus/?fb_dtsg_ag=Adwzl5SF3lPXpy_rmv7xeESwXDIxLUsktuJ9-2GXzZJn4g:AdzHRf_VHSRJ45CXhiBEEhuzMMziiYdDT1_f17Sv02hTsg

merstheman and G. Pepper like this.
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Correction on SCG '001' from Jim's FB page. (I had never heard of his Lola T70 being mentioned before, but whatever, they're his cars.)

" Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina was made by PF with input from us but she's Ferrari/PF.
    Our Lola was our first race car to the road conversion hence SCG 001. P4/5 C was our second hence SCG 002."
    https://p45c.com/the-garage/lola-t70-sl-71-32/

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  18. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Ryan S., wax, Tenney and 4 others like this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  20. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Color for my 004? Not decided yet but may copy my old Muira SV, 4870 which was a bit of an inspiration of 004s design. So likely blue Notte and white interior.

Jim’s 003S is white outside blue inside

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

crinoid and NürScud like this.
  21. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    For me, the best Miura example in the world. Love that car. Amazing history...

Now it's located in M. East..

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    That will be fantastic. Can’t wait to see it.

24. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I have a garage full of stuff. New 2019 488Sp. But the SCG 004, to me is amazing. JG is like Enzo Ferrari reincarnated. He’s selling cars to finance his racing not the other way around. 004 has an incredibly beautiful design (Jim looked at 4870 Muira SV as inspiration). Three seater, 2600 pounds, 750 hp, stick shift. To me the most desirable and romantic automobile designed by guys who just landed pole at the Ring.

of2worlds and wax like this.
  25. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ryan S. and of2worlds like this.