Bloomberg clocks the Portofino at 3.2 seconds... | FerrariChat

Bloomberg clocks the Portofino at 3.2 seconds...

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Golden Steed, Aug 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    LucasFerrari and tomc like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hey, that's my dream car! Except for the "minus the 4 cylinders" bit. Oh yeah, no turbos too!

Impressive number...T

Golden Steed likes this.
  3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    What nonsense - it is quite clear that almost the entire article is copied from PR guff and do you honestly think Bloomberg do their own performance testing ?

4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    True, these turbo Ferrari are faaaast ! Yet can the Portofino do it with 4 carry on cases and the wife's parents on board ? Or One's dog or One's shotguns in the back?

Much as I loved an open top, sometimes a gentleman needs a shooting break.

tomc likes this.
  5. Golden Steed

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    It should also be noted that fully specked, the test car ran 300k. So the "cheap" aspect of this car comes largely from a deflated "starting" price. This is an expensive car, no matter how you slice it, and if you want custom goodies it's gonna get real pricey in a hurry.

tomc likes this.
  6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Portofino sprinted from 0 to 60 faster than the officially released performance numbers.

Usually, Ferrari is rather conservative with regards to performance numbers. The 458 upon release, had a declared 0-60 time of less than 3.4 seconds. Real world tests showed the car would actually do 0-60 in 2.9-3.0 seconds, the same as the 488 GTB. So, the Portofino being actually slightly under half-a-second faster than Ferrari reports doesn't surprise me at all.

Same with respect to the announced top speed. I suspect it will also be higher in real world testing. Again, the 458 had a declared top speed in excess of 325kph (202mph). There are cockpit photos of 458s doing 344kph (roughly 214mph).

And I agree: the Portofino is simply a wonderful all-rounder GT. An absolute pleasure to drive in every way. I'm a huge fan of the Portofino, Ferrari couldn't have made a better evolution of the California, imho. Spot on!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

7. Golden Steed

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    Excellent points, Nuno. And it's always a great marketing formula: Under Sell & Over Deliver.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.