The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 197 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    If the family did give a update, would that spur many more questions?
    Perhaps that is why they just keep it as-is.

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Of course. The questions would be non-stop. That's why they simply put the kibosh on all information.

3. Simple.

Leave them alone.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    not if "he's on life support, but has not shown a single sign of conciseness since the accident"

5. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Words cannot describe how terrible this is. Been around way too many nursing homes and can only guess. We hold on to our loved ones when there is no hope. I might see his Monaco winning car this weekend. Time, time, time. We cannot change it. How we wish we could.

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :rolleyes:
    With Rubens several lengths behind. As always - well, not exactly always. There was this one time.... :rolleyes:

Ah, well. Thanks for the memories from both of them. All best wishes to Rubens, and all hopes for a comfortable life for Schumi. Sadly, wishes for a speedy recovery have been pretty much out the window for a while.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What year is this ??

9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Judging by the MSC's polo shirt and Rubens overalls...and where all the logo's are placed......2004.

crinoid likes this.
  10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Todt tells world to leave Schumacher alone

AUGUST 6, 2018

Jean Todt has called for the world to leave F1 legend Michael Schumacher "in peace".

The condition of the seven time world champion is basically unknown, after he sustained brain injuries in a late 2013 skiing fall.

FIA president Todt, who was Schumacher's Ferrari team boss and is still a close family friend, told the Argentine daily La Nacion: "He is surrounded by his family and relatives.

"I feel blessed to have frequent access, but his health is a private matter and I think it's time for us to let Michael live his life in peace," Todt added.

"I repeat, it's time for us to let Michael live his life in peace."

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    But the condition is known: He's rendered physically incapacitated. "Let him live in peace" means that he's written off. When someone says "He is surrounded by his family and relatives...." it indicates the person is incapacitated, must be cared for 24/7, or is in hospice awaiting death. People who can get up and walk around are typically not surrounded by anyone.

Formula Uno and ricksb like this.
  12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Was visting hospice last night. The way I look at it they are simply blazing a path for all of us. We will all end up this way, quick or slow. So my motto is "Go like hell till you can't". This can't day will be there for all of us too soon.

Texas Forever and daytona355 like this.
  13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It actually varies. Some go like hell and then it all ends suddenly. Some are confined to a more “artificial” means of sustaining. The more good practices you adopt early on certainly makes things smoother.

What has happened to Michael is nothing short of a tragedy. A recreational activity should never rob anyone of such significant parts of his life. There are so many things in front of him, yet he can only view as some form of spectator. I don’t need to intrude into that existence...my heart just goes out to him and his family.

Bas, daytona355 and G. Pepper like this.
  14. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    The irony is all too clear: Race cars to champion levels, year after year, risking life and limb at insane levels of performance. Become an international icon and billionaire sports hero, then become terminally injured, braindead, while leisurely skiing on holiday.

Formula Uno and greg328 like this.
  15. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "Holy cow what a ride"

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My favorite Ferrari F1 era is with Schumacher. This is hard to come to terms with. Very hard.

Formula Uno, greg328, tritone and 8 others like this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, we’re here for a good time, not a long one. Make the most of every day, treat others fairly unless they cross you, at which point stitch them up like a kipper!

Formula Uno likes this.
  18. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Words to live by. No one thought I would see 18 much less 50 but hey it has been a fun ride!

mcimino, daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I feel bad for the guy..but wasn't he skiing in an out of bounds area? Hit the rock fell, and hit his head on another rock and well, we know the rest.

Hate to see such an icon is this state, but I can't help to think he did it to himself. Sad sad turn of events in his life.

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes it was out of bounds but not by much. And allegedly the fall was rather slow speed. Really very unfortunate circumstances. Given the insane crashes he survived unscathed in F1 (well one broken leg) Karma can be cruel.

Story was that he had a GoPro cam mounted on top of the helmet which apparently weakened the structural integrity of the helmet allowing the horrific injury.

Bas likes this.
  21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He was actually between runs going to help someone who had fallen, as I remember. Not quite sure the ‘did it to himself’ is warranted. If you get in a car crash, and die, are you happy for us here to say you deserved it because you weren’t absolutely centred in your lane?

Disrespectful and unnecessary. The sort of thing you have every right to think, but don’t say it, not in front of me anyhow.

22. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He skied over to help a friend who had a bad wipeout. He wasn't being careless or foolish.

23. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    Given the number of GoPros you see attached to helmets at motorcycle track days, and my knowledge of how they attach (suction cups or sticky pads), I find that information very difficult to believe.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let’s face it: wish the man the best but he probably is severely handicapped.
    I hope for his sake that he is not conscious mentally of his condition because otherwise that is like being forever in jail.
    Sadly this was his fate: he is a great skier, going slow, with a helmet but still there was a damn rock.
    I am not sure if its the extended coma who hurt him the most or the damages by the rock but that’s sad.
    I literally hated him as a driver and specially for his lack of sportsmanship but i would never wish that on anyone.
    Hope he gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Remember that was some years ago. I have a bunch of GoPros myself and attached them to all kinds of vehicles. It might be that they drilled a whole through the helmet to attach the screw. Who knows. So much of that day remains shrouded in mystery.