July Corso time! | FerrariChat

July Corso time!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Jul 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey all - this Saturday from 10 Am - 1Pm its time to gather at Streets of Buckhead for our monthly get together and talk Ferrari's!

lost to speculate about ! hope to see you there! All Ferrari's are invited to park in the Ferrari only section - and all enthusiasts are encouraged to come out and meet up!

Ciao!
    Tom

Attached Files:

Merlin Auto Group and steved033 like this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think I'm going to do the same thing as last month: go to Fado at 9 AM to watch Hungary qualifying, then go around the corner to the gathering. Anyone care to join me at Fado?

3. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
  4. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    spirot likes this.
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, I arrived at Fado at 9 to find it not open - a bit unusual for a summer Saturday - so I missed qualifying and just had to sit around for awhile. Mike showed up from FoA with a nice Portofino so we chatted for a bit. At 9:30 they removed the barricades from our lane so we moved our cars down to the front.

I saw a little blue Fiat go by on Peachtree and knew what would happen next. I walked to the top of the hill and told the security guard to watch for a little blue car and to let it in. When Andy came around the bend, she told me that she didn't expect it to be THAT little!

I thought the counterpoint of the newest Ferrari model and a 1968 Fiat made for a good photo. When an 812 Superfast showed up later, I noted that it had 44 times the power of Andy's little mill.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As more cars arrived and lined up in our "Indy 500 grid", I took photos in groups of 3, and a few more from upstairs. A nice variety of models and colors, though Rosso Corsa still predominated. We eventually wound up with 22 Ferraris (not all there at the same time).....and 1 Fiat.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

spirot likes this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There were three 328s, all in different colors, and the rare yellow one was the most interesting car there to me. It had a chocolate brown interior that I had never seen in a 328. The last yellow one I had seen was years ago in Tennessee, and I don't remember its interior color.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    spirot likes this.
  9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This is a little O/T, but not by much. About a mile from my house is one of the locations of Rocco's European Garage, on Roswell Road, and I noticed this Fiat in passing for several weeks now. Today I grabbed my camera and went down there.

As I suspected, it is a 500 just like Andy's, but evidently a 1972 model in a color I would call Peach. Aside from that and the white steering wheel it looks much the same. Maybe Andy ought to find out who the owner is and start a dialogue!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

spirot likes this.
  10. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Good pics Jimmy. I love that Mondial coupe. I always have loved the Mondial for some reason.