Homelink - Good News | FerrariChat

Homelink - Good News

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PA Wolfpacker, Jul 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    As many of us have discovered an extra device (bridge unit) may be required for your Ferrari to use the Homelink feature on the rear view mirror.
    I called Homelink today and discovered my 2017 488 Spider qualified for a free unit (had to pay S&H). It came to a little over $12.
    So before you order one call Homelink first to see if you qualify

shawdut likes this.
  2. old man

old man Karting

Jul 8, 2010
    Don't want to discourage you but went this route and still have the hand held unit on the console operating the garage door. Am a mechanical and chemical engineer by degree, so are not overwhelmed when hitting a technical snag. As we also have Porsches, heard the similar story about late model units of theirs.

3. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Small world, ChemE here as well. Thankfully this issue is not as aggravating as PChem.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Okay so after 459 cars I have had my share of programming problems, but I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to program the homelink in the Calf T, nothing it will not read the remote or program with the opener. Anyone ever get this thing to work?

5. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    I spent an hour with Home link on the phone today after unsuccessfully getting the mirror button to work. They said I needed the bridge kit, which I ordered.

6. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have two Genie garage doors and a Lift Master gate. I was able to program the two Genie doors although it took FOREVER to get the remote synced to the Homelink buttons. I called Homelink and they said the version of Homelink in my car isn't compatible with Lift Master and required the bridge kit. Which I installed today and happy to report it worked! All three buttons now working.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought the bridge yesterday, I hope it works for me.

8. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Received mine and it did not work. Two different techs at Homelink walked me through the process with no luck. They are researching the issue and said they will revert. It has been 2 weeks so far with no response. My opener is a Liftmaster 8500.

9. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would keep trying. It took many attempts for me to get all three of my buttons programmed. Both pairing the remotes and learning rolling codes took forever. It's rare for the Homelink not to work. Here's something you can try.. I've done it with success before when I could not get the Homelink to learn codes. Try extending the antenna on the garage door opener and on the Homelink extender. Just use basic threaded wire, strip the end the wire on the antenna and crimp on or solder a few more feet of wire. Good luck getting it working.

Scott

10. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Worked for me with the bridge--I also have the Liftmaster 8500.

11. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I had the same issue on a BMW Z4. Since BMW didn’t have the correct software, I got the bridge for free. My 458 didn’t have the Homelink mirror, So I bought a key chain remote. A cheap solution that joined my FORZA exhaust control.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Melvok likes this.
  12. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    For those of you with a Liftmaster 8500 door opener I have some interesting info. In previous attempts to pair the Homelink in the 488 I had pushed the yellow button on the garage door motor. Well, come to find out you have to use the learn button that is in the unit that is typically used to open the door once you exit your home. It is a red light that triggers the learn process.

In every other garage door units I have previously used I had to get on a ladder and push the button on the garage door motor. This info came from one of the techs at Homelink.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  14. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Jaja!! Me too I just got a key chain remote

Melvok likes this.
  15. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    Or, I have an app that controls opening/closing in a pinch.

Melvok likes this.