From 458 back to 430 Scuderia | FerrariChat

From 458 back to 430 Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430giallomodena, Jul 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Hello guys, I am back.
    I already had a Red Scuderia for several years, was absolutely my love car. I wanted to switch for something more drivable since I put many many km each ear and the Scuderia was raw enough for my back.
    But I never felt the 458 to be my car, great car, better a 1000 times over the 430 but I missed the Superfast2 transmission and I really did not like the double clutch gearbox.

Attached my old Rosso Corsa Scuderia, my 458 Spider and my actual Scuderia, black with yellow stripes.
    Best Ferrari ever build imho.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I completely understand your decision. The experience of driving the Scud with its thrilling SF2 transmission shifts is worth it.

Caphill and LARRYH like this.
  3. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Welcome back, your "new" Scuderia looks awesome, congratulation!

To switch back from a 458 to a Scuderia is definitely a comprehensible decision. The 458 is for sure an outstanding and well balanced car. But the Scuderia has the special, the extraordinary, its incomparable character. In addition to the SF-2 transmission, it is also the reduced interior design with its (in a positive way) very simple dashboard, the well-balanced and confidence-inspiring suspension (thank you Schumi) and of course the excellent 4.3 liter engine with its sensational performance capability including its power-kick at 6000rpm's and of course the Scuderia-typical brutal sound.

What am I writing here, you know all that obviously yourself. ;)

LARRYH likes this.
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    congratulations .. I can't say I blame you I sold my Scud a couple of years. ago and am really missing it .. I seriously considering doing the same thing ..

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I understand your decision, well done! Scud is really great.

6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

i just went from my 458 to a Stradale......I totally get it.

LARRYH likes this.
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Yellow stripes on black looks really nice, congrats!

8. Riz1

Riz1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2009
    How does the transmission of the Scud compare to later production 599?

9. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Welcome back... you're right, the Scud is just an amazing car. I don't ever think I'll sell my 16M.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Welcome back to the wolf pack! And big kudos on the fresh black & yellow paint scheme on your "new" scud :D

11. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The 458 is a fantastic car for those who want accessible performance in a more comfortable, polished package. I've felt that from its launch and couldn't go that way.

It's nice for you to have experienced both and now fully know what you really want.

You could look into alternative seats if you find the Scuderia seats uncomfortable.

12. DGod

DGod Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    Iberian Peninsula
    When I bought my Scuderia, the dream was the Speciale. Had to settle for the Scuderia at the time, which I also wanted badly, but I always had that craving for the Speciale. Now I have both and I keep telling everyone that I still prefer driving the Scuderia. It definitely is a bargain at current prices...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck, NürScud, Cgk360 and 3 others like this.
  13. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    damn that is a nice color combo... custom paint right?

14. DGod

DGod Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    Iberian Peninsula
    Thanks! Yes, it's Grigio Ingrid, apparently the only one ever made in this color. Looks even better in person.

15. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    Im so in two minds, have sold my F430 spider and today was going to commit on a 488gtb high spec at my local main dealer, was also tempted by a stunning 458 spider at nearly the same money, but feel a little bit that these cars will be available for years to come at lower prices, they're not in anyway limited after all, but the Scud is limited and a low mileage one would be an amazing garage tool to have rather than chasing the tech race, turbos, KURS etc!!

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  17. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  18. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Almost double fast, Superfast1 gearbox on 599 is 100ms shifts, Superfast2 gearbox on Scuderia, 599GTo and SA Aperta is 60ms. 40ms difference
    could seem nothing, but it's a huge difference.

19. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    Test drove a Scuderia yesterday and although that particular one wasn't for me it was an amazing drive, felt more comfortable than my spider and as for the shift change, it felt instant, what a car, a true piece of Ferrari heritage

20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    When I had my Scud ans I saw threads like this, I was a little sceptical. But after buying a 458 I now understand what it's all about.

21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Better hop out of that 458 before that inevitable $20K DCT transmission replacement bill lands on your lap!

22. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Well, since they are repairing them now and not replacing them, I think it would be a lot less. And my car is made on December 2011, not sure if this was fixed then... Anyway, the F1 system of the Scud is also problematic and costs almost the same to repair, so I don't think that this is something that will make a difference.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    A fellow member from my local owners group just had the sensors on his spider replaced a few weeks ago...I believe he said the bill was just north of $11k usd. The maintenance cost related to the dct surely is much higher than a superfast gearbox?

24. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Well if the actuator goes wrong, I'm not sure it would be lot less to go and replace it in the dealer. Not mentioning the clutch and bearing costs... But anyway, such things shouldn't spoil your ownership anyway :)

25. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    it has to be said that the Carbon racing seats in my CS & 430 Spider are far more comfortable than those in my SCUD