Sold - 1998 Porsche Boxster (Base, 5spd, Factory Hardtop, 66k mi) | FerrariChat

Sold 1998 Porsche Boxster (Base, 5spd, Factory Hardtop, 66k mi)

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by aballas, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Since my garage is now filled with prancing horses, I have decided to sell my 1998 Boxster. It is a 2.5L Model with the factory hardtop in Pastel Yellow on Grey interior. A fairly rare color combo. The car is in very good condition, 66K Miles, and have extensive maintenance records from my time of ownership. Aftermarket exhaust installed by previous owner has a great sound to it. Factory short shift kit is quick and precise. I installed an aftermarket headunit with bluetooth, but will also include the stock radio (with code).

Has been very trouble free and reliable for me. The one exception was the softtop mechanism which needed service under a Porsche TSB. Work was performed at Stuttgart Autotech in Lake Oswego, OR. These early 2.5L models didn't have the IMS Bearing Problems of the later 2.7L engines as the bearing is a stronger two-row bearing compared to the 2.7L single row bearing. There is still a retrofit kit available from LN Engineering, and I had planned to do it if I ever needed to tackle a clutch job, but that hasn't been necessary, and oil changes have always been clean.

The 2.5L models are eligible to compete in the Boxster Spec Racing class. If I had room to keep this I would have turned it into a racer. Would be an excellent candidate for that class, or just a really good, fun running-around car.

I'm asking $11000 obo. Clean title in hand.

2. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Bumping this. Entertaining all reasonable offers. It really is a great car. I'd keep it, but I don't have room for it.

3. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Bump for Price Drop $10K.

Really want this gone soon. Have a classic Toyota Landcruiser FJ45 I'm looking at and the wife will kill me if I don't sell this before bringing home another car.

Help a guy out.. Haha!

4. halr75

halr75 Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Damn, if we were not just about to embark upon a house build this would be exactly what i would be after.

Good luck with the sale.

aballas likes this.
  5. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    $9.5k? I really just want this gone at this point. Need to move on to next project.

6. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Ok. $9K I really need this gone, and feel like i'm giving it away at this point But it needs to go before I can bring my next project home. Wife's rules, and I enjoy not having to sleep in a tent in the backyard so I'm listening to her.

Someone please buy this.

7. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Car is still for sale... look at this beauty. How could you not love her?

Ok some updates. I have sold the hardtop to a friend locally. He's turning his 986 into a spec racer. So i'm going to help him out with that.

Make ma a reasonable offer. I'm a few days from just selling this to carmax, because to my surprise they actually made a decent offer. I'd like this to go to someone who will use it though, so MAKE ME AN OFFER if it's in the ballpark of what carmax will pay I'm cool with it.

8. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Sold!

halr75 and Mang like this.
  9. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Glad you sold it, you are close enough and the price was getting cheap enough to be tempting. :) I'm not a big fan of yellow or I'd have probably contacted you.