Would like to find a Local Mechanic in Central Arkansas | FerrariChat

Would like to find a Local Mechanic in Central Arkansas

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by bradfordkirk, Jul 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bradfordkirk

bradfordkirk Rookie

Jun 11, 2018
    Conway, Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Bradford Gibson
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for a local mechanic for regular maintenance / minor repairs in the Conway / Little Rock Arkansas area for our 1981 Ferrari 308 GTSI.

My wife and I inherited her late mother's 1981 308 GTSI recently. Long story short, back around 1992 or 1993 my wife's parents got into a a spat over the car and the keys were hung up and the car sat untouched and un-driven in the garage for roughly 25 years. Recently, after my mother in law passed away, we sold my wife's childhood home in Texarkana, pulled the car out of the garage and sent it to Norwood Auto Italia in Dallas to be brought back to life and road ready again. While Norwood has been fantastic to work with and will remain our top choice for major repairs, they're shop is about 5 hours away from where we live in Conway, Arkansas (Little Rock area). We would like to find a local, reputable mechanic close to home that can handle regular maintenance like oil changes, alignments, and minor repairs for this car. Anyone have any recommendations? If so, please feel free to post those recommendations here, or I can be emailed directly at [email protected].

I've included a few pics of our new project car (both before and after Norwood worked their magic). We know this is going to be a fun and at times, stressful adventure but hopefully with the advice of the great people on this forum, it will make owning and restoring this beautiful car a little easier.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Keith Vardaman at Custom Import Autowerk (501 804 6186) in North Little Rock has years of experience in servicing Ferraris in central Arkansas. In addition to my 355F1 and 456M GTA, he has worked on 308s, 328s, 360s and other models that I'm aware of. He works closely with Norwood's when needed. I'm confident he would be glad to help you with your needs.

bradfordkirk likes this.
  3. bradfordkirk

bradfordkirk Rookie

Jun 11, 2018
    Conway, Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Bradford Gibson
    Thank you very much for the recommendation! I'll be in touch with Keith.