Any Doctors Or Pharmacists Have Tips For Lowering Insane Medicine Costs For Me? | FerrariChat

Any Doctors Or Pharmacists Have Tips For Lowering Insane Medicine Costs For Me?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F355 Fan 82, Jul 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I've never discussed this here and I'd prefer not getting into specifics, hate discussing it. So I have a rare disorder, was diagnosed a while back and thanks to modern medication I've been holding up tremendously, most who have this disorder pass away and there is no cure. Even for me there is no cure and medication is the only solution until its transplant time. Transplant is a last resort and even then we'd prefer not to until its 100% necessary bc failure rate is incredibly high. So amongst the 30+ pills I take per day I've been paying $5,600/mo my cost out of pocket for 1 drug for the last year and now they're starting me on a second drug and I just made the first payment yesterday and its $9,200/mo. Combined I now pay nearly $18,000/mo in medications.

Now I fully understand that someone has to pay for all this stuff, yesterday I did a 30 minute phone call with the company with the new drug, they asked me all types of questions about where I live, what I drive(owning a Ferrari is not good), and well Im not eligible for help. On the flip side if I made under $30,000/year I could get the $9,200/mo regimen for $50/month. Also is that normal for how these pharmaceuticals do things? O hey you have money we will take all yours and give it to others who can't afford for pennies?

So although Im not in trouble financially, Im not exactly Bill Gates here and $18,000/month is a lot of money to me and I'd like to see if there are solutions out there for a guy like me to get help.

Thank you again

2. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Do you have health insurance? If so, what state do you live in and what company do you have for health insurance? Is your coverage individual coverage or through an employer? Lastly, is it a HMO, PPO, EPO?