Bob Bardolia in South Africa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bob Bardolia in South Africa

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by naparsei, Jan 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Wow this thread is insane..... another point that makes sense was using the port in Beira before 1975 when Mozambique gained independence...... shortly after the borders were closed as the country became communist. My dad was born in Beira .... and I was born in Lourenco Marques... aka Maputo now (it sounded much nicer when I was born) :D Sorry I cannot contribute to this thread.... but Beira doesn’t pop up very often. Cool thread.

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I remember this car in around Cape Town, also recall seeing it in the process of restoration. Ironically at one stage it was owned by a gentleman in Cape Town who could have been Enzo Ferrari's double. Made for quite a sight!

3. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Jacques,
    That must have been Paul Joffa; he owned the car at that time (between Bob Bardolia and the 3rd owner who is a US Ferrari dealer). I understand that among other occupations, Mr. Joffa is/was a schoolteacher. Thanks for contributing - I like the image of an Enzo-look alike cruising around in my car!

4. Paul Jaffa

Paul Jaffa Rookie

Apr 22, 2022
    Full Name:
    Paul Leonard Jaffa
    Hi Alex
    My name is Paul Jaffa and I bought the 365 from Bardolia in the early 70s. Bardolia sent it to me in Bulawayo, and after paying him for it, I had it sprayed orange as I didn't like the blue (see photo taken outside my shop, Paul of Carnaby Street). Later, I had Luigi Viglietti restore it to its original colour.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login .

tritone, readplays, Aardy and 3 others like this.
  5. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Paul,
    Great to hear from you! Thank you for sharing the photo. The Viglietti restoration has held up very well. I hope you are well.
    Best,
    Alex

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    12217 is nice.

Marcel Massini