FOC Concours 2018 | FerrariChat

FOC Concours 2018

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Scott964, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott964

Scott964 Rookie

Oct 16, 2014
    Anyone know the venu for this years FOC Concours event?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Same as last year

3. Scott964

Scott964 Rookie

Oct 16, 2014
    Forgot to ask do you the date of the event?

4. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  5. Scott964

Scott964 Rookie

Oct 16, 2014
    Thanks Greyboxer and Mark

6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Hi Scott

For info this event is now ticket only and only for club members. For the first time members will have to pay an entry fee to attend and take their Ferraris o_O

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Having to pay an entry fee for this makes me quite happy with my decision to give up my membership a few years ago.

8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1
    The vision of the club is heading in a bad direction

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    ..and now if I read Mark's post correctly not for the general public either.

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Two of the current directors seem obsessed with scale of profits, rather than scale of experience.
    By all means balance the books, but don't turn it into a pretentious profit making centre.
    It's sad that some of the fun and member benefits are being stripped out.
    Even the refreshment facilities at some of the events where FOC pitch a marquee are abysmal compared to the days of quality.
    If the club was situated in Mayfair or Modena it would get three members through its door

11. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Matthew. I have seen your Daytona many times but, for various reasons, have never photographed it. I had been hoping to take some shots at the last few FOC national events but realise from this post why I have not been able to. It is clear that I will be disappointed in the future too. I feel that it is very sad you are no longer a member of the FOC. Sad for the club that is, and for enthusiasts like me. If the club are not able to keep members who have a long standing family connection then something has gone very wrong. Yes, things change but surely everyone is missing out when guys like you are no longer members and do not take your cars to events. I remember in the past when there were complaints about the shortage of front engined V12 cars at events. This did improve but will probably now go back to how it was and I do not mean that I want to see rows of FFs! This year is a big Daytona anniversary but how many will actually attend the Garden Party? Lots I hope but who knows now?

Are there any events where I would be able to photograph your Daytona this year? Please PM me with details if you would prefer.

Robert

12. V8TDF

V8TDF Rookie
    BANNED

May 2, 2014
    Stamford
    Report from another place:
    There are several issues which the Club has had to deal with regarding this years Concours event as follows:

1. The event had to be fitted in around Goodwood, Grand Prix etc
    2. The overflow parking utilised last year isn’t available this year
    3. There is a tendency for members to book in at events free of charge then not turn up. For example, 120 booked for the AGM, buffets were paid for that amount, and a third didn’t turn up, wasting members money. Same last year.
    4. There is only sufficient parking on-site for 260 cars so this is the maximum number of members cars that can come and park on the lawns. There’s really nowhere else close by to take extra cars. This is the key issue which the ticket is intended to solve. The Club staff have been tearing their hair own to try to find a solution but this is the best they could come up with the try to make sure every one of the spaces available is used by a members car.
    5. If members turn up on foot I’m sure they’d be no charge (unconfirmed).
    6. The Club has exclusive use of the hotel so members and display cars will be safe.

The objective therefore was to find some way of ensuring those spaces available are utilised and not wasted, and encourage members to make a proper commitment to coming. It was felt that £20/head was sufficient to make people think before blithely ticking a box. And this way, if you have a ticket you are guaranteed parking at the venue - some last year were unhappy about being off site.

The Club couldn’t run it on a first come first parked basis with the risk that some drove a distance and were unable to enter and had to try to park an expensive car in a local supermarket. A change of venue wasn’t possible when the date changed and the overflow became unavailable.

The best value ticket btw is the £35 one as it includes the evening BBQ which does cost pretty well all of the ticket price. The objective is NOT to make money from members.

Eltel246 likes this.
  13. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Very disappointing to see priced tickets implemented for what used to be the Club's main event of the year. The choice of a venue unable to accommodate unlimited member attendance is in my opinion a bad choice.
    I agree with the comment above in relation to member facilities at public events attended by the Club. The member's marquee used to be a welcome haven and meeting point, and somehow a statement of Club quality. At the last event I attended, expecting to find the same quality facilities, there was a small tent with a coffee machine.
    Can anyone suggest an alternative club for Ferrari owners in England? Preferably one with a technical rather than social focus.

14. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    I gave up my membership this year.

I am assuming we are talking about Danesfield House in Buckinghamshire for the concours, I visited last year. What confuses me is the location i.e. down south. For all of my years entering the concours it was situated in various locales around the Midlands. The idea, I assumed was to be accessible to those who lived north, south, east and west. If Danesfield House is to become the new, regular home of the concours how many members do the club expect to travel down from Scotland and Northern England. Some odd decisions over the last few years.

But now I am no longer a member, I shall not worry TOO much!

15. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Kev. 9 Daytona's there. You missed a treat.

16. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Thanks for sharing. Hope to see a similar turn out at Silverstone Classic!

17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Was Bernard there in his 166MM?

18. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Bernard Worth? No. Haven't seen him for at least a couple of years.

19. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Green 488 is Roy Jone's car. He does get about does Roy :D Love the colour and as such it jumps out at me everytime I see it

20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Yes - Bernard W. Shame. His car is a peach and he’s a real character (especially when he used to get his bagpipes out!)

johngtc likes this.
  21. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    Grant,
    I noticed something of a Daytona gaggle in the photos above. How did they get that many out? Not seen that many in all of my years, even the various anniversaries and such like.
    KP.

22. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
  23. Robert W

Robert W Formula 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    Hi, Were there any any Testarossas, 512TRs, 512Ms or 412s at the event? Ta. Robert