WC C&C Autumn Leaves Tour | FerrariChat

WC C&C Autumn Leaves Tour

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dlbutler, Jul 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Looking for interest in a C&C event in October. A 100 mile tour through Southern Chester and Lancaster Counties with a rest stop in the middle and a nice meal at the end. My usual easy to follow route instructions. I won't lead a group, so navigators will be needed, so why not share the experience with a friend or relative? :)

waymar likes this.
  2. katsimbris

katsimbris Rookie

Aug 17, 2011
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'll definitely bookmark this. I haven't been out in ages. Your routes are always fun!

Mike K

3. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Can count me in

4. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Hi Don!

South of the Mason-Dixon checking in - I am in as well. Please do not make it the weekend of Oct 20-21.

5. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    I would be very interested

6. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    Any plans on doing a summer drive like in years past?

7. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I don't have the time this Summer. It will be better waiting for cooler weather as well.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Christine and I are always game for a drive. I’ll help if you need help. Jon still in Delaware

9. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I'll revise one of the previous drives for this one and set the date for October 27th. We'll start and end between Curtis and Oakes. Gather at my house in the morning for a "Cars & Coffee" and at the end of the Tour a late lunch at The Bayou restaurant. There will be a rest stop with snack bar in the middle of the Tour.

Jon: thank you for your offer. We can pre-check the week before. If Christine wants to help we'll either use two Miatas or the Race Sentra. :)

10. underpressure02

underpressure02 Karting

Sep 21, 2013
    I'm down. If it's not cold or raining I'll take the atom

11. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Been a looooonnnnnngggg time. Though it’s likely my car would be ready Oct 27th, #2 is due that day, and it is my sons birthday.

Jim (one day I’ll be available for a drive)

12. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Just posted this on the local Lotus club website.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    A back road tour with rally style route instructions. Starting at my house in Cecil County and finishing at the Bayou Restaurant in Havre de Grace, MD. The route is about 110 miles long with a rest stop in the middle. The instructions are seven pages long, so a navigator is recommended.

Starting time for Cars&Coffee is about 8:30 - 9:30 AM.

The Tour starts about 10:00 AM.

Lunch is about 2:30 PM.

13. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Sounds like a good time. I’ll try to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Jon W. and I just prechecked half of the Tour's instructions. A couple of small detours are needed, but the fun roads are in good condition.

15. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Count me in! For next year that is, hope to have my Fcar by mid June with shopping starting in May 2019.

16. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    If this drive is still scheduled for October 27, it conflicts with the FCA Mid-Atlantic Region's last group drive of the year. :(

17. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Don - going to have to bail out of this one unfortunately. In a moment of weakness (or an attack of CRS), I committed to help out the FCA on their fall drive the same day down this way. I wil lbe hanging out with Cobraownr that day.

Have fun and be safe!

18. Don s 911

Don s 911 Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hey Don -
    Helen and I would like to join you. Haven’t seen you in awhile.
    Don

19. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Unfortunately, due to other my projects, inclement weather, and the FClub conflict I am canceling the Tour. I hope no one will be disappointed. Thanks.

20. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Sorry to hear Don. You (and Bob back in the day) put together awesome routes.

If anyone is interested the Maryland FCA drive leaves out of Reisterstown, MD, through some very nice back roads to Frederick, MD, and then off through the Catoctin Mountains to end in Thurmont, MD. The MD route will be ~80 miles in total.

Check out https://www.fca-mar.com/events/event-calendar/?iNewsID=1142 for more info. Please Email with number of people so we can plan appropriately at the restaurant.

21. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    The Mid Atlantic FCA group drive has been rescheduled from Saturday October 27 to Saturday November 3.

22. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Hey folks! Weather looks great for this Saturday's FCA drive up to the Thurmont area. Still time to join in.

https://www.fca-mar.com/events/event-calendar/?iNewsID=1142

There is a group leaving from Radcliffe Motorcars in Baltimore County, MD, and a group leaving from LoCo Exotics of Norhtern VA . No need to be an FCA member. But it will give you an idea of the people involved and some of the events we plan on doing more - get the cars out and drive them. Heck maybe you will decide to join the FCA afterwards. If you plan on going please let the organizers know so that "accurate guesstimates" of attendees can be made.

This is a scenic tour on public roads. Observance of all traffic laws is the responsibility of all participants.