Why all on the same weekend? | FerrariChat

Why all on the same weekend?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Gatorrari, Jul 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was planning on going to Britain next year to see the Goodwood Festival of Speed, the Duxford Flying Legends airshow and the Royal International Air Tattoo.

The problem this year, at least, is that they are ALL happening this weekend! Is that the norm?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Simple: go to one day each - if you start at Goodwood on the Thursday you have a day spare !

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Also the Ferrari Owners Club garden party is the same weekend, and Sherbourne Castle and and and… this year.

As Jimmie says, if they are all on the same weekend next year do one each day, they aren't that far apart. From talking to a few people I'd do Goodwood on a Thursday or Friday, apparently weekends are becoming a total zoo.

Also worth contacting the Owners Club to see what's on. I'm sure if you ask nicely they will put you in contact with the local area club organiser(s). There is usually something every weekend, so pop along and say hello, or see if you can blag a ride with somebody on an outing.

Nearer the time post back here and when/where you will be, I'm sure we will let you know what else is going on.

4. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    It is a very busy time of year! Goodwood have to avoid clashing with Le Mans and any GP in order to have those cars there and so this does make things difficult. I think in the past the date for the FoS has changed when the FIA has changed their calendar.

5. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould

You are quite right Robert: several times Bernie's circus changed its schedule at short notice, causing problems for Goodwood and a knock on effect for many other smaller events. The other problem is the ever increasing number of events, which inevitably lead to clashes. Choice, choices......but that can't be all bad!