Alpine stereo installed | FerrariChat

Alpine stereo installed

Discussion in '348/355' started by Nader, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    My car, a '91 348, came with an off-brand tape deck that didn't work. I needed a better dash-stuffer. I feel like I got a good deal on this Alpine deck with CD changer, about $250. Feels like a good deal, because I just forked over about $600 for a Blaupunkt Reno for my '87 Carrera, and it burned up within 5 minutes of use. Now it's in for servicing for another $300. I'm pretty sure that if Ferrari offered a radio from the factory, it would be several thousand dollars today. So I'm glad they didn't. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to bother wiring in the CD changer.

I'm very pleased with how this deck looks in its place. I remember the ads from the '80's, usually with a Countach involved. It was satisfying to clean up the hack job wiring that was there before. This green glow is perfect with the rest of the green center console controls.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

matfo and Yassa like this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Looks great!

I have today's aftermarket radios with their (too many) tiny buttons and flashy displays. Just the basics please. :)

3. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Very clean....
    The square and round buttons on that Alpine match very nicely with the AC panel and gauges.

4. 2000C43

2000C43 Rookie

Nov 28, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Dean Sioukas
  5. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
  6. CTE55AMG

CTE55AMG Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    Stratford, CT
    Looks great.

7. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    I forgot to mention, it came with this bonus. Very period-correct, and sort of Ferrari-appropriate, based on the Phil Collins/Miami Vice connection. I don't dare play it, in case there's something wrong with the tape player and it jams up. This brings my cassette tape collection to a grand total of four*.

*Three came with my '91 BMW 325i, which still has its original tape deck (thank goodness). I bought that car from a kid, who bought it from another kid, and I think they kept cassettes in the glove box for the sake of whimsy, or a warped sense of irony.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Looks great Nader. I went with a period 1992/93 Sony CD player, but I have yet to install it.

9. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thanks for the post. It reminded me I need to install door speakers so my deck will work. Thanks for all the pictures. Looks great and I dig the shades!

Vince FerrariChat.com mobile app