Wanted - Ferrari 360 Modena 6MT | FerrariChat

Wanted Ferrari 360 Modena 6MT

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 550nitis, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I am looking for a 360 Modena Coupe with a 6MT transmission that I can drive daily and let it breathe the way it was designed to!

Car has to have been properly maintained with yearly oil changes, brake flush and so on with records. Prefer a US spec but open to Euro. Clean title and CarFax a must.

Exterior colors are silver, grigio, grey and blue. Prefer a tan interior but open to other interior colors. I am looking to drive this car, so miles are encouraged. Budget is from $60’s to mid $70's for a vehicle with 30k miles. As mentioned I really want to drive this car daily.

So, if you have a 360 Modena Coupe gated just sitting in your garage collecting dust and not being driven please contact me via PM.

It will go to a very good home!

Thank you!

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    550nitis likes this.
  3. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
  4. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Just checking into see if anybody knows of any 360’s gated for sale. Please pm. Thanks!

5. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Searching for a gated grigio 360! PM please!

6. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Happy Monday FerrariChat! Checking to see if anybody know s of a good 360 gated! Thanks!

7. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Wanted to thank everyone that sent PM’s on this and actually cared about sending leads. I have found a vehicle thanks to a FChat user that I have placed a deposit on and now is going to ppi. Will keep posted. Thanks!

8. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
  9. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Thanks for sending! This was actually the first car I went to check out when my search started. The gentleman selling is very nice guy. Unfortunately the car isn’t in the best shape. Stickies, original clutch, needs a major, and makes an odd sound from the transmission while cruising at over 60 mph. The biggest thing I was disappointed was that there’s no mention that the front wheel caught the fender and separated the fender.

Think the car is a $60k car but the owner is firm on his $75.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

Hi everyone, been a member here for quite some time now but don't own a Ferrari, I'm happy to say I'm now officially looking for a 360 much like what 550nitis listed except not really locked in on the year of the car.

550nitis likes this.
  11. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Be patient you shall find what you want and you will know it immediately. Now don’t let those butterflies confuse your brain. Always get a Pre Purchase Inspection ( PPI). Depending on where it’s performed it can run $350-500, money well spent. Additionally you may have to pay for the car to be transported there and back. Any Ferrari owner that doesn’t allow you to have a PPI at a shop of your choice should raise red flags. Also give your self an additional $10K just in case you need work done. Good luck with your search. You will love the smiles per gallon once you own one.

550nitis likes this.
  12. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Patients patients patients! Key words here. Think I’m almost there as I have a deposit on a car going to ppi on Friday. Hope fully it will check out. This will be my third ppi and must say I have learned a lot about what to look for specially on the tensioner issue and what to listen for when they go bad. I have also met some great peeps on the way but best of all is the tremendous support from the great members of this forum.

This is what I’m having them check out:
    Body:
    Is there play in the door hinges?
    Are the mirrors secure? Is there play in them?
    Cracks in windshield?
    Visible Body work?

Mechanical:
    Oil Leaks? Cams?
    Water Pump?
    Hose conditions?
    Oil Hoses?
    Belts?
    Overall motor condition?
    Engine and transmission mounts?
    Radiator condition?
    Oil.Trans/Steering Coolers?

Chassis:
    Rotor Condition?
    Brake bads?
    Leaks?
    Tires?

Front Suspension:
    Upper ball joint
    Lower ball joint
    Tie Rods?
    Sway bar front
    Shocks front
    Shock bushing
    Control arm bushing
    Wheel bearing play?

Rear Suspension:
    Upper ball joint
    Lower ball joint
    Tie Rods?
    Sway bar front
    Shocks front
    Shock bushing
    Control arm bushing
    Wheel bearing play?

Interior:
    A/C Cold?
    Headliner?

Driving:
    Clutch?
    Sport?
    ASR?
    Warning lights while driving?

13. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    WOW is all I can say!!!!!!!!! I wanted either , red (Corsa) ,black or yellow 3 pedal 360 and had to have black leather. I found a yellow one that I love but its a hard choice between the red. I hope the PPI works out for you, you will love the car and the joy it brings. I love the front plate holder so you don't have to drill holes.

550nitis likes this.
  14. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Thank you! Will keep you updated of PPI!

15. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Unfortunately the dealer refuses to have the car ppi so therefore the sale will not go through. Still looking!

16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    That is a HUGE red flag (unless there was unreasonable requests to move it somewhere they didn't like?)

Best to keep looking, you'll find a good one, with a solid PPI, and the feeling of comfort involved in having one before purchasing.

550nitis likes this.
  17. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Huge red flag. The place of the ppi was less than a miles from dealer (Original Applewood in BC, Canada) and one that they recommended. So obviously there must of been an issue they were not disclosing.

18. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Hi Guys, still looking. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

19. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Know of a guy with a 6MT Rosso/Tan 2000 360 Coupe with 28k miles. Major done 14 months ago. All stock save for Capristo exhaust. Challenge wheels. Nice car

20. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Nice, PM sent to you!

Bthesixthree likes this.
  21. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Done searching for a 360, the search has been exhausting. Usually these things are fun but some people just think there cars are the greatest and latest. Then you get a car fax and a to ppi and guess what!

The last 7 months have seen numerous cars with two going to ppi. One came clean but had a discrepancy in the amount of owners and then I realized I was paying too much, second one came with over $24k in repairs and a third one with a dealer refusing to do a ppi.

Have to say met some really nice people on the way and also some super shady and rude. Thank you guys for all the help but I’m done with the 360 search.

Taking the cash and placing on some nice blue chips.

22. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Too bad, but your experiences are a lesson for the wise.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

550nitis likes this.
  23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Sorry to hear about everything you went through.

I think it’s this type of experience that will continue to weigh on 360 prices. I started looking there, but have slowly moved towards the 430 with the f1, even though I prefer the overall look of the 360. I gave up the search for a manual because for the premium they command I can purchase an f1 and a 2nd cheap fun manual car to mess around in.

I’d love a early year 458, but after looking at the total cost of interest I decided to either wait, or go with the 430. Even though I can afford the payments I am a cost guy, so I have a hard time ignoring numbers and making a full emotional purchase! Personally, I’d rather invest the difference.

You can never go wrong investing (over the long run), hope yours pay off!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Have a customer of mine with a '99 Euro 360 Modena 6MT. Rosso/Nero, 20K miles, recently serviced. I think he's in the high $70s. PM me if you want his info.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app