Your Ultimate 3 Car Garage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your Ultimate 3 Car Garage

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Escapist, Jun 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Very nice, just needs some pictures on the wall!

Jana likes this.
  2. Back'n'Black

Back'n'Black Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Well.....since my garage is full of crap (mine alone) and I don't possess an F car (or ANY notable rides) yet, I'll just toss out what MY dream rides would be in my dream garage (which would be a clean, crap-free space)......

1. 1961 250 GT California Spyder SWB, black over red.

2.1964 250 GT Lusso, silver over black.

3. 1966-1968 Lamborghini 400 GT. ANY color combo.

I just gotta hit all 6 plus the Mega Number.

mcimino, Boomhauer and clandestine like this.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    True, I have been on 10 for a while now, but these are the 3 which are arguably the most "special":

Dino 246GT. A car I have always coveted since the very generous father of a chum of mine let me loose in his at a Modena Engineering track day some 40 odd years ago. A contender for the title of most beautiful Ferrari ever and the car to which Il Commendatore gave the name of his beloved son - a very special accolade IMO - the Dino was Ferrari's first mid-engined production road car and the forerunner of the series of mid-engined Ferraris that evolved through the 308/328, 348/355, 360/430, and 458/488. A sports car at a time when Ferrari's normal fare was GTs, it "broke the mould".

550 Maranello. When I first became aware of Ferraris, they were V12, front-engined GTs, and the most exciting were 2-seaters. That left its mark on my consciousness. The 550 epitomises that theme for me, in a perfect compromise between the cars of the pre-flat 12 era and the later offerings - 599/F12/812, the "digital" era, in which styling has moved progressively away from what I regard as beautiful, and driving aids (especially the F1 gearbox) have multiplied to an alarming extent.

E-type Jaguar. When I first became interested in cars, the E-type was in its infancy and it epitomised everything that was glamorous and exciting - speed and beauty, in a package which even Enzo Ferrari admired. I shall never forget the first E-type I saw - a black 3.8 FHC - and it left an impression on me that has never left, 55 years later.

Now, if it were 5, my 911 and Bentley Turbo R would also figure, but I guess that's now allowed, so here are just the three I have discussed above:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    - 250 GT
    - 288 GTO
    - DB 11 Volante

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    1. Daytona Spider
    2. F40
    3. 288 GTO

These are semi realistic achievable goals. I'm 2/3 there.
    If it was unlimited $$$$,
    1. 250 GTO series II
    2. 330 P4
    3. F50GT (Then again there are SO Many choices) These are off the top of my head.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Road cars

288 GTO
    F40
    430 Scuderia

F1 Race cars

Any 3 Ferrari would be hmm ok, i guess;)

Dreams are good for you.

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It is tough to limit down to three but for me it would be
    85 308
    89 930
    67 330gtc

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    McLaren F1 LM
    Ferrari F60 America
    Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-Tune

As you can see, I have a thing for the very rare stuff.

Would also gladly take an SCG 003S.

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hmm... 3 is hard to do:

1. 1969 206 Dino red / black - weekend play toy... mountain drives
    2. 1984 288 GTO Red/ black - red inserts : Love the 308 shape & its actually a fun car to drive.
    3. 1963 Ferrari 250 SWB ( Passo Corto) alloy body & outside filler cap. I'll take any color. this is the car you just sit and look at, sipping some wine.... and drive every chance you get ... on or off track.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Funny, I've never tried to sit in a 288, but there's no way I fit in either the Dino or the SWB.

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    288 is pretty roomy - just about the same as a 308... the seats are a bit more supportive and higher like in the 328... Its a tight fit for me in the swb... the steering wheel and pedals are difficult for me ... but I'd make the sacrifice!!! I've driven one for a fair distance ... and getting a smooth shift with the clutch and gear box takes a lot of practice!

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    I just don't get people who name their cars.

Back'n'Black likes this.
  13. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Rookie

Jul 27, 2017
    Hmm OK
    McLaren Senna
    F12 TDF
    Porsche Mission E
    Just to ease back a little on the environment lol.

14. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    Well I have my three favorites. 2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Coupe Manual.
    2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Gulf Colors) Which of course is a manual.
    2009 Ferrari F430 Spider Manual.

I like manuals.

nicholasn likes this.
  15. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    This is what I have now in the garage:
    488S
    Jeep Wrangler Black Diamond Edition
    MB Maybach S600
    + 3 bikes squeezed into the 3 car garage with the cars-
    Tricked out 1997 Vmax
    Ducati Diavel
    Ducati 1299 Superleggera

Now as for a wish list for the same 3 car garage:
    LaF Aperta(my one and only hybrid although you may talk me into a Rimac C2 or a Huayra BC Spider-when they make one)
    MB Laundaulet
    MB Maybach S600(wouldn’t change it-it’s perfect)

As for the bikes I would change out my old Vmax for a Ducati V4 Superleggera (when they eventually make one) and keep the others

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Mclaren F1
    Ferrari 250LM
    Ford F150

17. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My dream garage rotates a lot among a regular cast of about 10 cars, but right now...

1) 458 Italia in Nero with Cuoio interior (Daytona seats/no carbon). Reliable/ridiculous daily driver.
    2) 365 GTB/4 in Giallo Dino with Arancia interior. I'd add power steering and maybe do a few other mechanical upgrades. Semi-daily car ideally.
    3) 275 GTB short nose. Black over black. Cross eyed ripper. Weekend driver.

My much more likely in this lifetime garage -
    1) Mondial QV coupe. Black over red leather. Sentimental attachment to this one and I love these cars in general.
    2) 365 GTC/4 in same spec as the Daytona above. Never seen one in Giallo Dino but I'd like to be the first to do it!
    3) 360 Modena in black with Black or Cuoio leather. Daytona seats. Daily driver.

18. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    1) Lamborghini Miura SV

2) F50

3)BMW 507

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    F40 (greatest car ever made)
    CGT (second greatest car ever made)
    Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (gotta get groceries in something)

20. StuartNZ

StuartNZ Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Auckland, New Zeland
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Seems like a good topic to join in with my first post. As mentioned by others limiting it to just 3 is pretty hard, however if I must then:

1. Porsche Carrera GT. Fulfils the hypercar roll and gets used as the weekends car.
    2. 458 Speciale Aperta. For the drive it most of the time car because it's awesome. Only in dreamland of course because in reality it you'd get hammered on depreciation clocking up the miles and a 458 Spider would make way more sense!
    3. Mercedes G500 4x4 Squared. For the times when you need to lug stuff or take more than 2 people and because it's awesome too of course.

plastique999 and G. Pepper like this.
  21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Non-Ferrari list:

1] Superformance GT 40 Mk I with fuel injected aluminum small block.

2] Lister Bell STR Lancia Stratos

3] Rolls-Royce Wraith

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I always find these questions challenging because I tend to over think it...do you mean pick your 3 car garage and that has to include all of your transportation needs...or you can have an SUV or truck on the side?

I'll go with you can only have 3 vehicles in your garage what would they be?

1. Need something practical, reliable, classy, roomy...Ford F150 (or maybe F250) Supercrew King Ranch.
    2. Fun sports car that you don't mind grabbing the keys for (so it's not super rare/super valuable) and having fun with friends on weekends, road trips, convertible for glorious sunny days, etc....Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta.
    3. Mind-bending rare special machine that encapsulates the world of car addiction, historic, vintage, never to be reproduced ever ever again in any similar form; however, and this is important, not so ultra rare and expensive it really only sits on display...I would still feel comfortable driving it, even away for a weekend (these are CARS, not paintings)...Ferrari 275 GTB 4-cam, or 250 California, or 250 SWB ( I can't decide and any of these cars would fit that space).

23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I just decided it meant cars you would keep in the garage. I want a Raptor, but it's a truck and can live outside.

24. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Three cars, eh? I don't know that I could come up with a definitive list, but...

1) Daily Driver Candidates:
    • -Well sorted BMW E34 M5
    • -BMW E31 8-Series w/well sorted E39 M5 engine/6-speed

2) Fun Car Candidates:
    • -Ferrari 250GTE 2+2
    • -Ferrari 365GTC/4
    • -Custom built 1970-1981 Firebird (See Below)

3) Other
    • -Custom Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    • -Custom First or Second Generation Range Rover

The Firebird: Roadster Shop chassis w/IRS, LS7 w/ITBs, 6-speed (Corvette transaxle?), based on a '70-'81 body. '74-'75 rear bumper, '70-'73 nose, Trans Am front fenders, Trans Am spats and spoilers, '70-'74 rear window, '70-'74 Formula hood, '78-81 T-tops (modified-essentially hand built), E34 M5 front seats, custom dash and console, high-grade leather, rear "seat" turned into a luggage area (à la so many European sports cars), PW, PDL, PS, Tilt/Tele, etc.

G. Pepper likes this.