Stereotypes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Stereotypes

Discussion in '348/355' started by jjtjr, Jun 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hah, whatever man.

2. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Yup. Whatever.

Carry on ;)

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Who cares what anyone else thinks of you because you own a Ferrari? :confused: - That's their problem, not yours!

Yassa likes this.
  4. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation

This thread is dying. Let’s keep it going. I like drama. Drama is good. Without it life has little meaning. I’ll contribute. LoL

Since the day silent films got movie goers talking, Hollywood have been very good at giving us something to talk about by projecting an aspect of pop couture on the big screen. The storyline, the plot, the twist are spot on. The characters and time however, not so much. They are usually wrong. But it doesn’t matter. Audiences far away don’t know that and the stenotypes portrayed thru the camera become reality.

The 80’s was a booming period in Southern California. Cheap Japanese cars flooded the street. Every teenager had one; Honda Civic,Honda accord, Toyota mr2, Mazda rx7 to name a few. Car ownership for high school kids started as a passage to freedom. Then quickly turned into a car meet, street race. And not long someone found ways to trick out the engine to shave seconds off 0-60. Ofcourse more horse power required aerodynamic add ons; front spoilers, side skirts and lawn benches on the trunk to keep the car glued to the ground. And Every Saturday night teenagers across Southern California gather at vacant industrial streets away from the eyes of “Five O”. Sometimes two, three hundred cars deep for a show down and I was in the midst of it. 16 years old with a license and a bmw 318i. 0 to 60 in 20 seconds if I were riding solo. It could muster 20 seconds if a sidekick rode shotgun. the good days. We started a movement that even years later kept on rolling. Hollywood caught sight and call it Fast n Curious. Hires a bunch of actors in the late 20’s, early 30’s. Fill in story line as they go along. Action. Roll the cameras.more than twenty years later here we are on a car chat forum talking about car stereotypes and believing a clip from a movie is real. I love drama. LoL

Qavion likes this.
  5. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    The 80’s dot com, computer age, real estates created a lot of young wealthy entrepreneurs. They wore suit and ties. Slicked back jelled up hair do and drove the latest Ferrari they could buy. Most had a 348 and switched to the 355 the minute they were available. I remember going to a pyramid scheme type convention in Irvine California. The entrance to the building were lined up with Ferrari 355’s. There were more hair jell and hair spray in he room that day then Johnson and Johnson factory.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Not a 355, but I had a want ad up looking for a 360 recently.

This was an email I received this morning.

“You’re probably just some poor middle age guy going through a mid-life crisis trying to pretend like he know's about Ferrari’s. Maybe someday when you get real money we can talk.”

Lol. If you’re on FChat, and you have the balls to come forward and take ownership for sending me this, I’ll buy you a beer.

What a ******-bag

boxcarracer and phrogs like this.
  7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White

:) Syncromesh.

**** is yellow B, Rizzy’s the color!

8. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    I like Stella.... :) :) :)

9. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Lololol

WATSON likes this.
  10. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    Truly, this clip is his spirit animal:

19633500GT likes this.
  11. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Beat me to it. Free is free beer. :)

19633500GT likes this.
  12. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I guess it’s time to start looking for a 550/575 ;)

13. Johnny Martin

Johnny Martin Rookie

Feb 6, 2018
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Johnny Martin

14. Johnny Martin

Johnny Martin Rookie

Feb 6, 2018
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Johnny Martin
  15. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I’m not sure 100 percent on the stereotypes. Though I have been soft after acquiring an immaculate, sorted, great combo color, under 11,500 miles, most beautiful Ferrari ever made 355 F1 Spider. But when my “squeeze” call me “flower”, it was the last straw that broke the camel back. I had to prove I wasn’t soft. I challenged my nephews and his friends for beach football at bolsa chica beach. I got knocked on my face, on my back every play but I wasn’t soft. Now I realize I’m old. My whole body is aching. I can’t stand up. Calling in sick tomorrow. The important thing is I’ve provef 355 owners are not soft. Now I’m gonna gobble down a few Advil’s.

///Mike likes this.
  16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Hey now Im 32 almost 33 and I recently bought a 575 bc it was my dream car when I was a teen! What's this old man talk haha, when I was a teen bad boys 2, the bridge scene, that just about occupied all my dreams back then!

17. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Oh common guys, we are too civilized and courteous. Have a little chaos in you. Throw away civility for a minute. Behave like a Neanderthal once in awhile. Pretend we’re politicians and grab them by the pu**y. And don’t be embarrassed about it. If the stereotype fits, wear it. Pretend you’re going to a disco dance fever. LoL

18. R&D

R&D Karting

Mar 16, 2015
    USA
    Full Name:
    Kris
    I actively avoid driving my car in populated areas because I don't really like all the attention. The stereotypes are the worst part of Ferrari ownership by far. I often wish that when I looked at my car I saw a yellow Ferrari, but everyone else magically saw a minivan so that I could just go on my way without any attention. And yes, I am aware that a lot of people love the Porsche 911 because it attracts less attention while still being amazing, but to me it's a complement to a Ferrari, not a replacement, and you really want to have both because they're both magnificent in different ways. At this point I only have enough money for one though so I'll just stick to back roads...

///Mike likes this.
  19. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    There should be a "I like this post sooo much" button for posts like this.

I've long said that I want a Ferrari that looks like a Ferrari to me but looks like a Camry to non-car-people.

Fortunately, where I live they don't get that much attention and owning a black one helps. But the stories I hear from the owners of new hypercars are disturbing. I love talking cars with real car guys, but getting pestered (and worse) by punks who are only interested in scoring a pic for their Twitbook page must get really, really old.

<Obligatory stereotyping> Of course, if I was only into showing off my latest hairstyle I'd own a 355 and *want* the attention, but as a Real Car Guy I just wanna enjoy the drive and the feedback from the manly non-assisted steering. </obligatory stereotyping>

:D:D:D:D:D

20. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    However I have had that attitude from some regarding servicing the car. "If you can't afford it maybe you should drive something else" as an excuse to rip you off for parts & service prices.

21. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I actually feel that at times a lot of the attention and stereotypes are self induced. People worried about other peoples opinions constantly looking around or acting weird (worrying about others response alters their own behavior)

I drive my cars like a don't give a .. what other people think, because I don't. I've found I don't get any unwanted attention/attitude, nothing. No problems :)

jjtjr likes this.
  22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Wow. That makes us look great. Probably some showboater who honestly knows nothing about Ferrari, their heritage, etc. They deserve a nice Yugo...

23. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    It did make me chuckle...I obviously know nothing about the brand, and daily drive a Subaru Justy :eek: lol

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Chupacabra likes this.
  24. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Clearly, such a Johnny come lately :)

I’m thinking he’ll (I assume) have his car a while...

25. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    LoL

Precisely!